Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Success!

Dear Last Year's Jenn,

If you wait a year, Lily will practically potty train herself.

Love, Current Jenn




Lily has been running around our house naked for almost a week now, but I finally think we're making progress!

It started out a little rough. Lily would tell me she needed to go potty, so we would rush over to the bathroom and get her on the toilet.  We would sing about 10 Primary songs, and... nothing would happen.

At that point we would leave the bathroom and continue on with our daily routine.  5 minutes later, Lily would tell me she needed to go potty.

Nothing. Rinse, repeat.


So finally after a few hours of this... Lily told me she needed to go potty.  I looked at her and said, "I don't believe you!"

Pee.  On the carpet.

I kept a positive attitude, had her help me clean it up, then we continued on.




5 minutes later, "Mommy, I need to go potty!"

"You just went!"

Pee.  On the carpet.


Then it was nap time, and I put her in a diaper.  I'm not ready to wash bedding every day.


The next day she told me she had to pee, and she peed in the potty almost immediately!  She tried to get off before she was done, so I had her sit back down and she had a lot more to go.

This happened once for me in the morning and once for Daddy in the evening.



I promised Lily I would get her a doughnut if she peed in the potty, so the next day we planned to go to the store to get one.  Daddy forgot that the car seat was in his car, so we had to take a long walk.

We walked down the street and had lunch together at Boston Market.  Lily was wearing panties.  After being there for a while she told me she needed to go potty, but I told her to finish eating.

I'm still learning too, guys. I realize now that was the wrong choice.

She peed on the chair and the floor, and of course herself and her clothing.

I DID remember to bring backup panties and pants, so we went in the bathroom and cleaned her up.



Then it was raining outside. Thankfully it wasn't raining too hard, but it was pretty cold, and we didn't have jackets on. So we walked over to a gas station, got Lily her doughnut, then walked home as fast as we could.




Potty training has been much better this time around.  Plus, I love seeing Lily's cute little butt all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment