Sunday, May 17, 2015

New Routine

Happy Sunday, everyone!


It's been a rough week.  Lance's new hours are brutal. I'm still sick. Lily has major attitude and listening problems.

So that's life in a nutshell.


If you want more specifics, though...




Lance is currently doing training. His hours are 11:45 pm - 8:15 am.  He leaves the house at 10:30 pm, and he gets home at about 9 am.  He's having a hard time adjusting to this new schedule, and I'm trying my best to be supportive and helpful.  We bought a new fan for our room that is louder so it blocks out more of mine and Lily's noise. I also try to leave the house for a couple hours so it's completely silent.  He says he hasn't really heard us and it hasn't been a problem, so that's good.


Lily has decided to no longer sleep in or play quietly in her room in the mornings. She comes out and creates havoc starting at 8 am.


Lance comes home at 9 am, and he sleeps until about 3 pm. Although, I told him I'd let him sleep until 4 or 5 if he needs to.

I have no idea how he survives on so little sleep.  I'm seriously dying with what I get.



Um, so yeah, I'm still sick.  I've finished my antibiotics, but I still have a lot of crud in my lungs, coating my throat, and my nose is pretty runny. My ears are still clogged, and my voice is still not normal.  So basically the only difference from before is that my throat no longer hurts and it isn't swollen. But then again, I think the swelling is coming back.

This means I will have been sick for three weeks, tomorrow.




Lily is a classic three year old (from what I've heard), and it's not going very well.  I used to yell a lot, but I've been working on it.  She yells at me a lot.  She also tells me "In a minute!" when I ask her to come to me.  Pretty sure she got it from me (ugh, when I'm working, what do you expect?!).  Of course logic and reason don't exist in her world, so basically I just get to deal with it.

She doesn't want to eat anything but chips, fruit snacks, and juice. I don't give her chips, and she gets fruit snacks once a day. With how much food she leaves on her plate at each mealtime, I have no idea if she's getting the calories and nutrients she needs.

Potty training is going backwards. She prefers to poop after we've put her to bed for the night.


I do love her, of course.  She is still cute.


She loves to sing and dance.  I'm going to start looking for a preschool and a dance class to put her in.

I just learned last week that Kindergarten here in Florida is FULL DAY, and they highly recommend doing Pre-K when your child is 4.  I'm not sure Lily is even ready for the structure of Pre-K, so I'd really like to get her into a preschool class that will help her out there.  Preschool for a year, Pre-K for a year, and then maybe she'll be ready for Kindergarten.

I fear putting her in any sort of class. With how she treats me and how she doesn't listen to me, who knows how she'll treat her teacher.

Full day Kindergarten though?  Really? Can you imagine a child being home with Mom all day, and then all of a sudden going to school for 6 hours?  That's insane!

I'm not worried about Lily's skills or knowledge, I'm worried about her interactions with other kids, how well she'll listen to a teacher, and if she'll follow directions.






So that's it.  We're adjusting to our new routine with Lance's new job, but it has not been easy. I feel a mental breakdown approaching from my lack of sleep and this sickness that won't go away.





1 comment:

  1. New plan: I move to Florida and become your live in nanny.

    ReplyDelete