Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Girl Trip!

When I turned 21 I went to Vegas with my best friend.  This year for our birthdays, we wanted to go again!  Since I live really far away now, it was really difficult to figure it out.  Sierra has a really busy schedule, and flights to Vegas from Orlando are expensive.

But! I got lucky.  Frontier just started flying direct to Vegas from Orlando, so they were having a deal where you could get one way flights for $50.  Yes, please!

I couldn't justify being 5.5 hours away from the rest of my family without seeing them, so instead of paying $100 for two one-way flights to and from Vegas, I decided to drive up to Utah with the girls and fly home from Salt Lake.

This time we decided to invite more people along, so we went with Sheri, Sierra's aunt who is more like a super awesome sister, and my two sisters Elise and Jessica.  I am SO glad they all came. It made it so much fun!



My flight got into Vegas at 10:30pm, so the first night I did nothing but sleep.




Ok, well, the fact that I was practically dying was also a contributing factor.  I went to the doctor earlier on Thursday and found out I had strep throat, bronchitis, and a sinus infection. Yay!  My medicines made me feel icky and dizzy and light headed, so the entire trip was basically a drugged haze.

The first night we stayed at The Excalibur, and we had a pretty cool view!



Friday morning, we got up pretty early to head over to Tix4Tonight to get some show tickets!  We all agreed on V The Ultimate Variety show, and we also booked dinner reservations to Bonnano's, an Italian restaurant at the same hotel as our show.




At this point we walked back and forth a lot because we did not plan our day very well.  We walked through the MGM hotel about 6 times, I think.  And I'm telling you, that hotel was nuts because of the big fight that was happening the following day.  I do believe there were celebrities because people would randomly cheer loudly and everyone had their phones out, holding them up taking pictures.  Dude! I just want to get where I'm going!

We went over to the new Hershey's store in the New York New York hotel.  It's a neat little store, full of cool stuff!

These are my favorite! I love the pieces/minis/bites snacks.  They have EVERYTHING!

EV.ER.Y.THING.

I'm in a Reese's!
Jolly Rancher scented candles + drugs.

We ate lunch at Rainforest Cafe, which I'm not really a fan of. I think it's way overpriced, and not the best quality.  We ate there because it was the most convenient.  Jessica and I split some chicken, potatoes, and veggies.  It was good, just not great.





The reason we walked through the MGM so much was because we were invited to participate in a screening of a new TV series they are testing.  We went to their kiosk to sign up, and they told us to come back an hour later.  So that short hour was all the time we had to walk through MGM and high tail it over to the Coke and M&M stores.



We went back and were put in a little room. Each of us had a little dial and a computer, and there was a large TV screen at the front of the room.  We were instructed to watch the 42 minute program, and use the dial to show how interested or not interested we were.  We were to turn the dial towards the right, up to 100, when we were interested, and to the left, down to zero, when we were bored.

My dial stayed in the 80-100 range because that show was bomb!  I guess it's a spin off of the movie Limitless. I've never seen Limitless, but the show was very interesting, and I would totally watch it.


Using the computer we had to answer a few questions about the show, and then we were each given an envelope filled with coupons, along with $20 cash! Saweet!  We went over to a gift shop to spend our coupon there, then over to Starbucks to spend our coupon there. We didn't use any of the other coupons.

Jessica didn't get cash because you had to be 18. Sheri is not in the picture because she was still answering the survey questions. :)

After this we walked back to the car, which was parked at Excalibur still, and we went over to our new hotel.  We switched hotels because the price at Excalibur went up from $80 to $300, because of that stinking boxing match!

We checked into The Cannery and relaxed for a little while, and I did makeup on Jessica and Elise, then we went over to the Planet Hollywood, which is where our dinner and our show was.



We ate at Bennuno's, and it was delicious.  We were served by a guy who looked and sounded like Jerry Seinfeld.  The food was soooooo good!  Jessica and I split some pasta and some calamari. They served unlimited garlic knots with oil and vinegar.





The show was good!  It was entertaining and funny, and we accidentally got VIP seats, so that was cool.  By "accidentally" I mean, we walked in the the hostess put us in the VIP section in the front because we didn't fit in the general admission seats, which was what we had actually purchased.

Seriously, do not scoff at Tix4Tonight!  We paid $40 a piece, and got the tickets for "V" as well as the dinner reservation which included 50% off of our entrees.  So, yes. It's a good deal. And Lance and I have found some really great restaurants this way.



After the show, we just walked around on the strip.


I shouted "surprise selfie!" and took a picture. And then I laughed my head off because I am hilarious. Or on drugs.  Yeah, that.

Elise and the fountains.

And that was day 1!  It was very busy and eventful, and not recommended for strep/bronchitis/sinus infection recovery, but YOLO.


Day 2 was more chill.

We started the day by heading to the hot tub.  That was niiiiiice.





Then we checked out of our hotel, and went to Hash House a Go Go.  The wait was 35 minutes and there was an Ulta right next door, so, obviously we had to go to Ulta while we waited.  I bought a purple lipstick.

The lipstick I am wearing is not the purple lipstick I bought, although, now I think I should have.

Then we went to a comic book store because it was free comic book day.  I went to the bathroom then waited in the car. That line was long!

After this we headed over to Ethel M's chocolate factory and bought overpriced chocolates.

And then we got on the road to come up to Utah.

Drugs, man. That's my excuse. I don't think Elise has one.


10 minutes before this, I offered Elise some chocolate and she said she had too much sugar.  Next thing you know she buys an ice cream cone and a large soda.  Then i hear her say, "I am regretting this decision." And then I laughed my head off because she is hilarious.


That was a fun car ride.  We played a game where we would make faces at the cars as we passed by. It was really funny.

We got to Elise's house at about 9pm, and I had plans to go to dinner with Lance's sisters and my friends Betty and Mike.


We were there chatting for about three hours!  I enjoyed it very much.


The next day, Sunday, I went to lunch at Cafe Rio, because I can't go to Utah without eating Cafe Rio.  Unfortunately, it did not taste good.  The dressing tasted like straight mayo.  It might have been my sickness, but, everywhere else I ate was just fine.

After Cafe Rio, I drove down to Orem to visit my grandparents.  My grandma is looking so much better, although too skinny!  It was great to see them.  I'm glad they live closer so it's easier to pop over for a minute.

Jessica took this picture and I stole it because it is a perfect Utah day.  It made me not want to leave. 

I made a quick stop at the Pleasant Grove cemetery to visit Lance's parents.  And I cried. A lot. Carol's birthday was the day before.  I miss her and Jerry so much. I wish I could have seen them and talked with them.  But instead I just told them how much I missed them and wished they were here, and how I wished they could see Lily.



Then I went back to Elise's house and we ate hot dogs, watermelon, and burned pasta salad.  Elise and Aziz fell asleep on the couch and it was really cute.



A little later we broke out Elise's delicious cheesecake she had made earlier.

Elise is the best cook.



That's where my pictures end.  I am really disappointed in myself. I wanted a picture with my three sisters, but it didn't happen.  Whoops!

But yes, I got to see Emilee!  Yay!  She came down from Idaho.


I went to bed early, and got up early on Monday. My friend Betty came and picked me up and we went to Kneaders, and then she dropped me off at the airport.

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment