Thursday, May 28, 2015

Chit Chat

I was reading over some old blog posts, and I liked how I just talked about daily life and what we did.  I don't have time to do that regularly anymore, but it would be nice to be able to look back on memories.


I get in my head too much.  Half of me worries about what people think of me and our life, and the other half of me doesn't really care.  It's a weird position to be in.  I feel like I'm constantly at war with myself.




I want to start a YouTube vlogging channel.  I want to just record our daily life and upload videos to YouTube every 2 or 3 days.  I watch a family on YouTube that uploads every day.  They're the Orgils and their channel is called April's Life.  I found them through their other channel, Hair 101.

Anyway, I have grown to be so attached to April and her family! They live in Utah somewhere, I think Saratoga or Eagle Mountain.  They haven't said, but I recognize a lot of places that they go.  I have never met them in real life.  I feel like I know them so well, and that we could be best friends!  I'm pretty sure I will meet them some day.  They go to vlogging fairs, and they were in Orlando a few months ago.  I wanted to meet up with them, but I was too afraid to.  I worry about it being awkward.  I think next year I won't worry as much.  My social anxiety has gotten a lot better over these past few months. I think, due to me attending relief society, and teaching Singing Time in Primary each week.


Seriously, standing up alone, singing, in front of a room full of children and adults is pretty scary!  I get nervous every Sunday.


Anyway, a vlogging channel from the Petersons. Would you watch it?  Let me know!  I think it would be great since we are so far from family.  They could keep up with us, and not forget who we are.  I don't mean forget about us, I just I think when you're far away from people, you forget who they really are and only remember the bad things, and negative interactions.  Or maybe not. Maybe I'm just in my head again. :-)


We bought a GoPro, which would work to film random stuff.  I think it would also motivate me to keep my house cleaner, so that the world wouldn't see how I really live. :-D


We would also film stuff at Disney World, and we could tell people our tips for how we stay comfortable in the heat or humidity, or how we plan a day with a toddler, or how we save money!  We're pretty frugal people.  Of course it's easier to save money when we live here, but we did vacation here three times before moving here, so we're not completely clueless to how it is.


We actually did film one day at Disney.  We went to Typhoon Lagoon, which is one of the water parks. We just filmed random stuff throughout the day.  I thought they were cute videos.  We need to learn how to combine the clips together, and cut certain parts out (you know, like if I say something inappropriate (which I did) ...).





We have some people planning to visit us!  I am so, so excited!


My sister Emilee decided to come spend the summer with us.  I couldn't be more excited!  Emilee is so fun, and it will be so nice to have someone to talk to besides a toddler who screams and cries at me constantly. For no apparent reason.

I tried adding the video, but it wouldn't work.  The video goes like this.
Mom: Turns on camera. "Hi!"
Lily: Screams and cries.
Mom: "What did  I do?"


Yay Emilee! I can't wait!


Not only Emilee, but my friend Betty is also coming to visit us in September!  She'll be staying with us for a few days, and we have already made dinner reservations at a couple Disney restaurants.  In fact, we have an entire itinerary for where we will be eating the entire time!


Betty and I both love, love, love, good food.  I cannot wait to share all my favorite restaurants with her.





We are slowly adjusting to Lance's new schedule.  He works 11:45pm-8:15am.  His days off are Tuesday and Wednesday, so that means that Wednesday and Thursday are the days we get to spend together.  I adjusted my work schedule so that I can have Wednesday off as well.  So now I work Saturday - Tuesday, and Thursday.  Wed and Fri are off. (My company is basically closed Friday nights, otherwise I would have offered to work Friday and have Tuesday off.)


Since Lance is the ward mission leader we see the missionaries over here a lot.  They were just over here yesterday, so yes, my house is clean.  They will be over here again next Thursday, so my house will be clean that day as well.  Hehehe.



So, today being Wednesday, I slept in until noon (finally 8 hours of sleep!), and then I got up and we went to Earl of Sandwich for lunch.  Then Lily insisted that we went to "the smell store" which is really called Basin.  I LOVE Basin, so I love that Lily loves Basin.  Lily walks around and has to smell each bath bomb and each soap, and I get to just casually browse whatever I feel like.

They have some new teeny tiny bath bombs, so we picked up a tube that fits 6 in there, and bought them for Lily's baths.  They smell so good!  Lily likes to be like mommy and have bath bombs, so I'm glad these ones are just over a dollar a piece.  Same quality! Just smaller.

I've been wanting a new Disney T-shirt, so we went to World of Disney and I found a really cute one.  Totally overpriced, but Lance's discount made it a little better.  It's bright pink with navy trim and a sparkly white Minnie Mouse on it.

After World of Disney we went to the Lego store. The Lego store has little stations where the kids can just free play with Legos.  Lily loves it!  I usually just chill with her while Lance browses around.  Lance bought a new Lego set, a ferris wheel thing (it is his Father's Day gift).

Then we walked back to our car and came home. Lily and Daddy had naps while I checked Facebook and YouTube. (I deleted Facebook off my phone and I'm so happy I did!  I wasted so much time, checking Facebook multiple times a day.)

When Daddy and Lily woke up we went to Steak N Shake.  Yes, we ate out twice today.  This is our new "Friday" and I don't cook on Fridays!  (I will be cooking on the real Fridays now.) Steak N Shake always makes us all sick, so we should probably stop going there.

Then we gave Lily a bath with her new bath bombs. We used the blue one, at her request, which is called Ocean.  Then we had scriptures and prayer and put Lily to bed.  And now I think Lance is asleep on the couch, and I'm blogging.

I would consider it a good day.

Tomorrow we will be heading to Sam's Club to stock up on frozen lunches, yogurt, Coke, and other snack foods.  For dinner I'm planning to make either Hawaiian Tacos, Mexican Soup, or some kind of meatball dish.  We had pretend Cafe Rio for dinner with the missionaries, and I like to make a GIANT batch of the meat and use the leftovers in tacos, and soup.  Super easy!


Well, enough chatting.  Here are some pictures:

She fell asleep in the car. 5/27

Lily and her "castle." 5/26

Lily and Daddy on the Carousel. 5/7

Mommy and Lily playing "hopotch" outside. (She calls sidewalk chalk hop scotch, because that was the first thing I drew with her.) 4/27

Addie giving Lily a ride on her bike. 4/25


No comments:

Post a Comment