Friday, September 18, 2009

First Steps...to the Rest of My Life!!

I have so much to blog about!!

Last weekend I went to Los Angeles for a First Steps conference with Carrie.  I didn't know what to expect, and I was really only going because Datawise paid.  But oh my gosh it blew me away!  I did not expect to get anything out of it, but I got so much!!  Dani is a very powerful, motivating person.  There are SOOO many things I learned that I couldn't possibly list them all.  But, here are a few:
How to improve the relationships I have with my friends and my spouse.
How to strike up a conversation with a stranger, and make new friends.
She helped me overcome my fear of the phone.
How to use the money I have more effectively and to get out of debt. (I can totally pay off my house in 9 years!!)
To not care what people think of me. Be confident and proud of who I am.

It was amazing!  One thing she said that really hit me was that 98% of people are dead or broke by 65 years old.  I want to be in the two percent.  I don't want to be 65 years old and wonder what I did with my life and my money.  So that's why I made the bucket list.  It gives me a drive, focus and purpose to put to my life so I'm not just working day in and day out, and wandering around life without a purpose.

On another note, Lance got his truck.  I can tell he loves it very much.  He worked very, very hard to get it.  If anyone needs a truck for something, please call him.  I told him he better help anyone and everyone he can with that thing, because we sure as heck don't have any good use for it right now.  It us super nice though!

Busy day tomorrow!

Bentley is going back to the doctor tomorrow for her follow-up.  I hope hope hope that her liver is better and we don't have to get a CAT scan.  If her liver is working and blood is good then they'll finally go ahead with her spay.  Poor thing.  She's starving right now, but she can't eat.  I feel so bad for her.  It's so hard to watch someone you love be uncomfortable.

We also have my nephew, Jacob's birthday party at Discovery Park.  Then a BYU tailgate party at my parents' house, then we need to pick up Bentley.  I'm not sure if she can be left alone, or taken anywhere, but we also have my friend, Mike's birthday BBQ in the evening.  Not sure if we can make it.  But we will see.

Happy Friday!!

1 comment: