Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hike to the Y

Lance had "Hike to the Y" on his bucket list, so since it's free and 5 mins from our house we decided to go for it!

I've hiked to the Y two times before in my life.  Once when I was 11, and once when I was 14.  Both times, it didn't seem hard.  This time, it was hard.  I struggled so bad.  It's because I'm incredibly out of shape.  Oh and I had a cold/cough at the time, so that prolly didn't help anything.

We took Bentley with us.  She loved it!  Cute little thing.  I love her.

I wanted to include pictures with this post, but of course they are somewhere far far away (like at home...and I'm at work).

We started on the trail at about 6:30pm and got to the Y at 7:30pm, just as the sun was setting.  It was gorgeous!  I made the comment to Lance that "We drive for 6 hours to see Vegas lights... but we could just walk for one hour and see this every day!"  Silly, huh?  It's like a valley of fire.  Millions of glittering lights stretched across the valley floor.  To the north you can see the Provo temple, which isn't one of the prettiest, but hey, it's cool!  At one point during the sunset, Utah Lake turned all orange and glowy.  It looked rad!  Makes me wonder what's in that lake, exactly?  Haha, just kidding.

Interrupting our awe and the beautimous site, was a tarantula.  Yes, a tarantula.  It was HUGE, HAIRY, and slowly crawling towards us.  We got a couple pics.  EEEEAAK!  I'm all creeped out thinking about it.

Going back down was pitch black.  We should have brought a flash light.  It was so dark!  But the walk down was simple, and took about 15 minutes.

My legs were NOT sore the next day, or the day after that, or at all really.  Strange, huh?

Notes for next time: bug spray, more water, flashlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment