Thursday, September 10, 2009

One Car, Two Car, Three Car, Four...

What a week... honestly.

Lance sold his Hyundai, hooray!  We are now one step closer to getting his truck.  Happy day.  So, how has having one car been?  Thanks for asking!  Lemme tell you!

It has been awful!  We leave home at 8:15am, so I can drop him off in Springville before heading up to South Jordan to get to work by 9am.  My work picks up in the fall, because of the elections, but I have to leave by no later than 4:20pm in order to be at his work by 5 to pick him up.

One day I couldn't leave, and Lance had a softball game at 6, and he had to get a ride from someone, who was late for something... what a mess.

I do like spending a little bit of time with him in the morning though.  Oftentimes he gets up 5 minutes before leaving and rushes out the door with a rushed "Haveagoodday, Iloveyou!"  But now we get that 5 minutes in the car to just chill.  I like it.  Maybe when we get another car I should make him have breakfast with me every day.  "Breakfast at 8!  Eat it or STARVE!"

We went to New Mexico with Lance's parents this past weekend.  It was cool.  I had a lot of fun.  Seems like Farmington itself (where we stayed) had absolutely nothing to do there, and we had to drive an hour to get to cool stuff.  Next time, I vote staying in Durango, CO.  It's much closer to the action.

Going to LA this weekend with Carrie.  I'm excited!  Honestly, I'm more excited for the road trip than the First Steps conference that we're attending, but hey, whatever gets me out of the house, right?  Plus, we're spending a night in Vegas on the way back.  And if you know me/read my blog... you know I love Vegas.  I'm pretty much addicted to Vegas.  I think that's cool considering that I don't drink/gamble/go to nudie shows.  Yay Vegas!  Hopefully Carrie will want to do something while were there, other than sleep then get up and get back on the road.

1 comment: