Thursday, December 17, 2009

Are You Read-Ay?!

Four days until winter officially starts, and eight days until Christmas!

I strongly hate the cold, being cold, and seeing people cold, and I strongly hate snow.  But here some things I love about winter...

1. Pomegranates!!  Okay, okay... so technically they are in season in the fall, but it snows in the fall so I'm counting it as valid for this list.
2. Fireplace - 'nuff said.
3. Christmas carols/Christmas songs - It DOES bother me that they start playing them November 1st on FM100 (*singing voice* point threeee...), and KOSY 106.5, but after Thanksgiving and on to January 1st I will listen to them!
4. Sweaters! Boots! And all manner of warm clothing - I store these in a different closet during the spring and summer and I love to bring 'em out in the cold season.  It's almost like a new wardrobe! Yay!
5. The above for my Bentey, minus the boots - Yep, we bought Bentley some clothes.  It's so sad to see her shaking in the cold when she has to go outside. :-(
6.  Hot chocolate - It's warm, it's chocolate... what is there not to like?
7. Sledding!  As long as I have mucho warm clothing, and hot chocolate afterwards (see #6), this is a fun activity.
8. Clean air!  Yeah this is kind of strange, I'll admit.  But, I drive to South Jordan every day and have to see the greenish yellow smog that lingers over the Salt Lake valley.  In the winter it's rarely there and I appreciate that.

This will be Lance and my THIRD married Christmas, and our EIGHTH Christmas together altogether!  They get better every year. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment