Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Madness

Hosting Thanksgiving was a success!  Luckily, I didn't have to make the turkey.  Lance's wonderful mother took care of that for us.  Hooray!

The plan was to eat by 1:00pm.  Lance's family is usually late, so, I was sneaky.  I told everyone to be there at noon.  Is that rude?

Well, I don't care if it's rude, because it worked! 

Laura brought the tables and she was there at noon.  Yay!  So I was able to set up everyone's place setting all purdy-like.

Lance's parents were there at 12:30 with the turkey all ready and carved!  Wow!  How nice of them!

Nicole didn't show up until 1:15.  Good thing I said noon, or she may have shown up at 2:15.  ☺

So all in all, it was a great success.  Granted, our kitchen is STILL dirty, and dishes are STILL in the sink...but uh, Lance can take care of that.  Not like he has a job or anything, right?  (It's ok for me to say that (I hope), because he jokes about it all the time...)

I don't beleive I ever mentioned that.  Yeah Lance got laid off from his job a few weeks ago.

I kind of like having him at home.  We've talked more these past few weeks than we've talked the whole time we've been married (not really, but we do talk more often now...).  It's so nice!  He also does clean, do laundry and do the dishes.  But he did that before.  Just now it's done when I get home, so then we can spend the evening together doing whatever we'd like that is not related to housework.  Also, Bentley gets to have a friend with her all day long.  And she loves that.  I love her!

Oh Bentley!  We went to Petsmart to get something I won't mention for someone I won't mention and came out with stuff for Bentley.  She's our child.  We love her.  We got her a new bed, a pink sweater, and a new collar.  The bed is blue and green and has a cute paw print on it!  It is so soft and fluffy.  I think she loves it.  The pink sweater....  yeah... I always made fun of people who dressed their dogs.  But my poor baby was always so cold when she would go outside to go potty.  It's so cute on her!  It says "Snow Angel" on the back.  And it has a hood..l.  Ok, make fun of me.  I don't care.  And the collar, we got her because she chewed up her old one.  Merry Christmas Bentley!

Black Friday was MADNESS!  I have NEVER in my LIFE had such an AWFUL time shopping.  EVER!  And yes, I've shopped Black Friday many, many, many times before.

Toys 'R' Us had the brilliant idea to open up at midnight so that everyone, their dog, their cat and their bird would go there.  We were at a Jazz game Thanksgiving night, and left early to go get in line at the Toys 'R' Us at Sugarhouse.  We got there at around 11:00pm.  The line wasn't very long at that time, so we weren't very far back.  When the doors opened, we walked like civilized people into the madness that was about to occur.

We needed 2 items.  Both of which I cannot mention.  2 items.  TWO!!  That is NOTHING compared to the shopping carts that were full of items, piled to the cealing.  Ugh, it just urks me.  Two items.  First of all, we couldn't find what we were looking for.  We even asked people who worked there, who then pointed us in a direction, the WRONG direction, I might add.  After 45 minutes of searching we found what we were looking for.  They were close to each other, hiding, not out in any open area, but near the front.  So then we had to find the line!  It took us an hour of walking around the store to find the line.  When we got in the line, we stayed in it for 3 hours.  Not moving.  Nothing.  Standing.  Still water.  Stale mate.  We were thinking "@$%$#@%*& is going on?"  (Yes, I think in symbols, not words.)  Finally, we figured out that people were cutting in line, around the corner where we couldn't see.  And there was nothing we could do about it.  We talked to someone who worked there and he basically said there was nothing he could do about it.  I don't know why I didn't punch him in the face and tell him to get me out of there.  You work here, what do you mean you can't do anything about it?  Stand there and tell them where the end of the line is.  DUH!!!!  So finally at 4am we were out of there.

I am never, ever shopping at Toys 'R' Us again.  Ever.

After this, we were brave enough to go to Walmart.  But, lucky for us Lance's sister, Laura was holding our stuff for us, so all we had to do was wait in line until the sale started at 5am.

We got home at 6am.  I was supposed to go to my family's chocolate dipping party at 9am, but I was NOT going to wake up that soon.

I was going to give some homemade, chocolate dipped candy to my neighbors this year, and my visiting teachers, as well as the ladies I visit teach.  But... I didn't get any.  It sucks.  Big time.  Boo hoo.

At least I got some good stuff for the people I love.  They better like it.  I almost died getting it for them.

1 comment:

  1. Smart thinking with the lying about the time...
    Reverse psychology is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete