Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vacation Day 4: Animal Kingdom


Ahhh, Animal Kingdom, the home of my all time favorite ride.

You can see in my eyes how excited I am.


Expedition Everest

100% thills the entire time.  It starts out a mellow ride through the canyon, and then you start climbing.  And climbing, and climbing and climbing.  When you reach the top you think it's going to do what most other roller coasters do, send you on a free fall.  But no!  Not Expedition Everest.  Instead you go on a journey through the mountain with ups and downs, and then you come to this:

The end of the track

Now what?  Now you go backwards through the mountain with ups and downs.  I think you almost go upside down at one point.  I'm not sure.  It's pitch black at that point, and I'm having way too much fun to really notice what direction I am going!

Then you get stopped, and the shadow of the Yeti comes out.  He looks angry, and he breaks the track and you start to move again.  It's pitch black, you don't know where you're going.  Then all of a sudden:


You free fall

Then you go around a corner and the ride is done.  Best ride ever.  It is so much fun!  We rode it 5 or 6 times I think.  First we got fast passes for it so we could take our picture together, but the rest of the time we just did single rider.

Animal Kindgom doesn't have a whole lot that I am interested in.  It has other rides that are cool, and A Bug's Life is a cool 3D show that you can see inside the "Tree of Life" and if you walk around the park there is all sorts of wild life.  But the park gets kind of old pretty fast.  At least for me.  I couldn't imagine what it was like before Expedition Everest was built.

There is one other ride that I would consider a "must do" and that is the Kilimanjaro Safari. 


You get in a truck

and drive past lots of animals. 

Very cool!

Last time and this time I was worried about the lion attacking the car.  I don't know why it doesn't.  Maybe they keep it extremely well fed.  But I'm telling you, if it wanted to eat someone, it could, easily.

We left the park around 6:00, which is REALLY early.  Instead of going back to our hotel we went to the Downtown Disney area.  It's basically a bunch of shops.  It's pretty cool.

There was a Lego dragon in the water.  Kind of neat.


And then we went to the Vinylmation store and wasted a bunch of money.

And then we went back to our hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment