Thursday, December 29, 2011

Classes

I just signed up for a couple of classes at the Provo hospital.

I'm starting to get super nervous for delivery.  I hate not knowing what to expect.  I don't know what kind of pain I'll be in.  I don't know how I'll handle it.  I just don't know!  Hopefully these classes help me out a bit. 

I signed up for a four week Lamaze course, since I'm semi-planning on going natural.  I haven't completely decided yet, but if I do decide to go natural, I think it'd be best if I was prepared with some relaxation and breathinging techniques, right?

I have nothing against epidurals and drugs.  I just figure that women have given birth without them for thousands of years, so I should be able to as well.  However, if the pain is too much, I'll get one. No big deal.

The needle size does scare me a bit.

I also signed up for a breastfeeding class.  Several people I know have struggled to breastfeed, and it is something that I would really like to succeed at, so I'm going to learn all I can about it.

Last night, Lance was talking to my belly (or I guess you could say he was talking to Lily), and he told her we were ready for her if she wanted to come early.  It made me laugh.  I just said, "Not too early!  We don't want a 3 lb baby!"

It's starting to get exciting, and scary.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh I wish I had done a breastfeeding class! Good idea!

    If you're going natural, you need positive thoughts! I wanted to go natural, but I kept thinking "I can't do this" and indeed, I couldn't. But you're right, it wasn't a big deal to get an epidural.

    I want to see a belly pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I still have my Bradley workbook, and if you'd like, I can send it into work with Richard. I had five successful natural births using that info. It's great! I also have friends in the area who are doulas. I'm also a doula and trained to be a midwife. If you think a doula is something you'd like to consider, I'd be happy to refer you to someone or make myself available. If nothing else, I'm available for any questions you have. Birth is kinda my thing :).

    ReplyDelete