Saturday, December 31, 2011

Nesting

I spent my days off last weekend reorganizing my kitchen.

Most everything I asked for, for Christmas, were appliances, but we didn't have any space for them!  So, a few boxes full of DI stuff and some rearranging and I have a brand new kitchen.  It is wonderful. It makes me want to cook.  It does not make me want to grocery shop.  I hate grocery shopping.

This weekend, so far, we've put together the new crib and changer that we purchased, and I've been painting a nasty old dresser that we got from Lance's parents' house.  This thing is at least 30 years old.  I bet it has lead paint on it.

I'm not really worried. Should I be?  I'm painting over it.  This is my inspiration:


I like how each drawer is a different color.

The dresser I'm working on is short and has two columns of four drawers.  It is currently a chipped and faded white-ish color.  Well, I shouldn't say currently, because I've started painting already.  But it was a chipped and faded white-ish color.  Now I have two pale-yellow drawers, two pale-green drawers, two pale-orange drawers, and two tan drawers.  It looks pretty cute so far!  The handles and the rest of the dresser will be dark brown.

I'll post pictures... if I ever upload them off my camera.  I'm lazy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment