Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fun at the Airport

I went to visit my family this past weekend.  It was wonderful.

Early Thursday AM, before the sun came up, I got up and showered.  I packed the few remaining items I needed, kissed my babies (my dogs) goodbye, and Lance drove me to the airport.  I was nervous and excited.  I love to fly, however, I've never flown alone.  And I usually grasp Lance's hand tightly as we take off.  It's the most fun and most scary part to me.  It seems like that's the time when things can go wrong and you'll come crashing back down.  I tried not to think about that though.  Lance helped me take my bags to check them, and then we walked towards the security line.

Then I cried.  And I didn't stop crying until the end of my first flight when we were about to land in Phoenix.

However, before I even got on the flight it was quite an adventure.  I had to do the body scan thing.  Hope they enjoyed my prego body!  And of course it flagged something, so I had to be patted down as well.  And while I was being patted down, someone held up my backpack, asking whose it was.  Then they said they had to search it.  I'm sorry.  I'm pregnant.  I have stuffed my carry on with snacks and items to keep me entertained.  At least they're doing their job.  Even pregos can be dangerous.

Anyway, still crying, I boarded my flight.  I could hear people around me thinking, "crazy pregnant woman, afraid to fly."

No... just never flown without my best friend and true love.  And I don't really like spending days away from him.  I missed him as soon as we separated at the air port.

I gathered myself together, took a deep breath, and left my tears on that plane.  I was ready and excited to see my mom, dad and sister who I haven't seen since August.

My second flight was a long one.  Phoenix to Raleigh.  It's 4.5 - 5 hours.  That's not fun for a 6.5 month pregnant lady whose legs cramp up and has to go potty a lot.  I decided on a isle seat, so I could get up as I needed.  I sat next to two very nice older ladies.  One was from Raleigh, the other from Phoenix.  The one from Phoenix was visiting her sister.  She was very nice.

Then, we were descending.  I could see the jagged shapes of the blocks in Raleigh.  TONS of pine trees.  It was very green.

And then we landed, and I rushed off the plane as fast as I could go.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's a pregnant thing, but I flew alone for the first time when I was 9 months pregnant, and HATED it. short flight, like 90 minutes, but I was in the bathroom most of the time so I could have some leg room. :)
    I'm glad you got to see your family!

    ReplyDelete