Monday, April 16, 2012

One Week Left

This is my last week of maternity leave.  I'm scared.

My job isn't physically demanding, but it is attention demanding.  If an email comes in, it needs to responded to within 10 minutes.  If checking is ready, the tables need to be out within the hour.

I'm not worried about doing the schedule.  Emails come in all day long for it, but it doesn't need to be ready until 3:30 or 4pm.

What if checking is ready and that's when Lily decides she's starving and needs to eat for 40 minutes?

I bought a Moby Wrap, but Lily screamed her head off when I tried to nurse her hands free while using it.  I'm going to keep trying all week though, because I don't have any other ideas...  I can't check tables and/or use a computer keyboard while nursing a baby.

Lily did enjoy just hanging out on me in the Moby though, for a little while.   I think I'll be able to "wear" her while I'm working for periods of time.  I'll alternate between that, nap time in her bassinet, time in the swing, and time in the bouncer.

She actually enjoys sitting in the bouncer and staring at the TV.  It's quite cute.

I don't want to neglect her.  I don't want to make my job more important than her.  This is going to be so different because, honestly, my job has been my number one priority for the last 5 years in my life.  I'd go to work and dedicate 100% of my attention to my job.  Now it will only get 60% at the most, and that's while Lily is sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! You'll be able to balance it out with some practice. And I'm sure the Moby will help. I loved my Moby, and so did Rowan. I never got the hang of breastfeeding in it though...

    ReplyDelete