Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day Trip

Hello friends and family!

Last Saturday we took a 2 hour drive and went to some wonderful places.

The first stop was a little buffet in a podunk town called Wilmington.

Fact: One Tree Hill was my favorite TV show before it got cancelled. Well, actually, after season 5 I kind of lost interest, however up until then I was a loyal fan.  One Tree Hill was filmed in... you guessed it, Wilmington, North Carolina.

I did not know this until we were there.  I wanted very much to drive around to the different landmarks that are shown on the show, such as THE rivercourt, Dan Scott Motors, Lucas's house, Brooke's house, the high school (which is actually a college)... and more!

I'm such a geek.

No, we did not see any of these things.

We did, however, eat at a delicious buffet.  Probably the best buffet in America.  It's called Casey's, and they had sweet potatoes.  The kind I make for Thanksgiving!  Butter, sugar, marshmallows, a touch of apple....   I was in heaven.  Everything else I tried was pretty darn delicious as well.

Then we went to the world's worst aquarium, which is in Fort Fisher, NC.

Then we stopped at the beach for 15 minutes.  Lily had tons of fun, and did NOT want to leave.

We took her pants off and let her run around.

Making footprints with aunt Jess.



 


It was a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment