Monday, July 29, 2013

ipsy July Glam Bag

My July glam bag arrived at my parents' house the day after I did. It was a wonderful welcome present.

What is ipsy?

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.  (From ipsy's site.)

This month the theme was "Beach Beauty" and the bag included items that would help us get ready for the beach.

I apologize for the photos you are about to see. They looked better on my phone's screen than they do now... but whatever.

The bag was adorable this month!


 It's waterproof, and hot pink. Definitely a keeper!
  • Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush. Full size. 6 crayons for $25 if you buy it from Pop Beauty's website. Estimated value: $4.17




I was excited to get this product, but I'm kind of disappointed with it. This coral color is really wrong for me, and the product gets patchy after not too long and makes my lips flaky.  I haven't decided yet if I want to keep it or see if one of my sisters want it.


  • Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray Conditioning and Texturizing Spray. Travel size. $2.70 if you by it from Amazon.



I used this for the first time today. The smell reminded me of a hotel I've stayed at. I can't remember exactly which hotel, but I want to say it was Venetian in Vegas. This spray is supposed to give your hair texture, like the texture you'd get from playing in salty beach water and then letting your hair air dry.  To be honest, my hair dries like that anyway, and using this instead of letting my hair dry without product actually tamed my hair down a little bit so it wasn't quite as wavy and wild. I am absolutely in love with the bottle! The spray nozzle is very high quality, and I honestly can't wait to reuse it for something else that is yet to be determined (but mostly likely water, since that's what I use to style Lily's hair).

  • Coola Mineral Face SPF 20 Unscented Moisturizer. Trial size. Full size is $36 on Coola's site. Estimated value: $4.87




This sample is teeny tiny. I use a lot of sunscreen every single day: I cover my face, neck and chest in it because I'm embracing my porcelain skin and trying to keep it healthy. I used this once, and I probably only have enough to use it once more. I didn't notice anything super special about it.


  • BH Cosmetics California Collection Eyeshadow Sample. Complete collections are $8.95 on BH Cosmetics' site. Estimated value:  $2.94


This sample includes one color from three separate collections: Hollywood, San Francisco and Malibu.


I swatched them on the inside of my arm.
As you can see, the color payoff isn't very good, and the yellow Malibu color makes me look like a corpse. (The yellow tint from the artificial light isn't helping much either.) Hollywood is my favorite color, but I have to use a lot to get it to show up. Overall I do like this sample, though. I was in need of a new purple eyeshadow, and Hollywood does look pretty good as an eyeliner. I also like the San Francisco color, and I like how it doesn't show up really dark.



This is Emilee's hand modeling the polish. :)
At one point in time orange was my favorite color. Shocking, I know. It is a horrible color for me, being cool toned. Emilee is also cool toned, but it looks better on her than it does on me. The formula for this polish is lovely though. It doesn't streak, and only one coat is practically opaque. It's a fun color for summer, so I might try it on my toenails soon.



Overall this bag was a good bag, just the coral/orange color of the lip crayon and the nail polish were misses. I'm a little sad I didn't get Benetint, but I'll get over it. I'm already looking forward to the next bag! I wonder when the first sneak peek will be...

Total value of ipsy bag:  $27.68

Not as good as last month, but good enough to continue my subscription. Besides, it's fun getting new things in the mail to try.


If you're interested, here's my referral link for ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hh1dhitczm8r4e9

No comments:

Post a Comment