Thursday, November 14, 2013

Florida Living

The first week we lived here was really hard for me.  I was basically an emotional roller coaster. Everything made me sad, or angry, or annoyed.  There were boxes everywhere, ants everywhere, and the toilet in our master bath took 30 minutes to fill up with water after flushing.



Oh yeah and then there was a cockroach about 2 inches long (or longer) in our kitchen.


"Why did we move here?"


"What were we thinking?"


"What was the point of all this?"


"Where's my <fill in the blank>?" (Still can't find some things.)


I cried a few times.

And organizing the kitchen made me depressed.  I've never had a kitchen this small, ever.  I've been really spoiled with more than enough cupboard space.

But, after the first week, things have started looking up.  I'm really enjoying the weather.  It's been in the mid 80s, except yesterday it dropped to the 60s.  But, I still can't complain about that.

I'm enjoying our location. We're a couple blocks down from a Walmart Market. Do they have those in Utah?  I hadn't seen them before we moved here.  It's basically a produce only Walmart.  We're also really close to Aldi's which I hear has really good prices, but I haven't been there yet. Both a regular Walmart and Target are pretty close as well.

There is a mall around the corner, along with Burlington Coat Factory, Ross, and some other shops, but we haven't been over there yet.

We go to Disney parks a lot.  We purchased season passes back in September, so we're making good use of them. Tomorrow we'll be going to Hollywood Studios.  Once Lance gets a job we probably won't go as often.

Lily liked riding on Grandma's lap in the motor home.

It was a long drive from Raleigh to Kissimmee, but being able to roam around the motor home made it bearable.

Sometimes when Lily is grumpy, playing with a camera helps. This time it didn't.

This was right after we got done unloading the trailer into our apartment. This is basically everything we own - it's not much.

Hanging this up made me really happy. Katie made me this for Christmas last year and I absolutely love it.

This is a few days into unpacking. It looks worse before it looks better. All the cuboards in the kitchen were open because I couldn't figure out where to put things. But yeah, hardly enough cupboard space for one who loves appliances. And the camping chair is because we don't have a couch.

Going to parks makes her really sleepy.

I love how her foot is tucked under her leg and she's holding her cat.

Lily loves this ride! It's Journey Into Imagination with Figment. She waves at Figment when he shows up. :) Super cute!

1 comment:

  1. Your little family has been through so much the past two years.... You are handling it very well! Love and hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete