Sunday, November 24, 2013

Relief Society

I started a really beautiful post about my spiritual journey here in Florida, and about how things I said I'd never do, I've done.

However, that beautiful post disappeared.

So this is what you get.

I bore my testimony for the first time in Sacrament meeting three weeks ago.

I substitute taught in Relief Society last Sunday.

I did too well in the above lesson, and therefore, I am teaching again on December 15th.

 
Here's what I didn't know about teaching Relief Society:
  • I am not teaching, the spirit is teaching.
  • During the lesson, I will remember experiences that pertain to the lesson that I had not thought of while preparing the lesson.
  • The sisters who share their insights and provide comments will rock my world.
  • It's not scary.
I'm actually really excited about my next lesson.  It's about the Mission of Jesus Christ. What better topic to have shortly before Christmas?  What better topic to have, period? My goal is to ultimately become like the Savior, so teaching a lesson that is all about Him and His mission is going to be AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. I want to hear about your December lesson!!
    You are so incredibly fabulous and I know you must be an amazing teacher. Why? Because of who you are. You truly inspire me. I love reading what you write and hearing everything you have to say. I love you so much and I don't know if I've ever told you. I'm so blessed and grateful we're cousins.
    Can't wait for more of your wisdom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So obviously I posted my comment before reading your last post.... whoops! BUT I'm happy for you guys and everything that's going on! Sorry you didn't get to teach :( I know it would have been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete