Monday, December 9, 2013

Snoap!

We got invited to a Christmas party that was being thrown by a cute family in the ward.

I have a story for you.

Making friends is not something that comes easily to me.

So, naturally, when you aren't good at something, you pray to be better at it, right?

...riiight. :)

Well, I prayed to be able to make friends.

It was a Saturday night.

To be honest, I didn't pray for it. I pleaded for it.

The next day, Sunday, we went to church like normal.  It happened to be the Primary Program.  Lily was being really bad.  She was wiggly, which was normal, but she was also very loud and uncontrollable.  So, I had to take her in the hall.

Out in the hall there was a GORGEOUS lady chasing around her two young girls. She immediately starting chatting with me.  She was very talkative.  I didn't have to do a lot of talking, she did most of it.

I like that.

We talked for all of Sacrament meeting.

Her name is Jill.

Jill invited me and my family to a Christmas party she was throwing at her house.  She said she loves Christmas and the more people that come the merrier it would be.

I honestly didn't think much of it.  I mean, people say "we should hang out" all the time, and it doesn't really happen, right? Right.

Well, about a week later I found my ward's page on Facebook, and I also found Jill. So I joined the ward group and sent a friend request to Jill.

Jill accepted, and practically immediately invited me to the Christmas party event that she had on there.

"I guess maybe she would be OK with us coming, then?"  Is the thought I had.

Well, that party was this past Friday.  We went.  I was a bit uncomfortable.

Jill lives in Celebration.  Celebration is a city that was originally developed by Disney. Disney later sold it, but, Celebration is the most gorgeous city I have ever seen in my life.  Here are some pictures:




Every.single.house. that we passed was something straight out of my dreams.  I love symmetrical houses. I love old-looking houses, that are freshly painted and well-kept.  Old charm, but also new at the same time. Columns. Balconies. Wrap-around porches. Shutters painted with contrasting colors to the color of the house. Mature landscaping. Quiet neighborhoods.

I want to live there someday.  I will live there someday.

Anyway, back to my story....

The party was really nice. There was a lot of food and a lot of people. I did talk to a few people and came out of my shell a little bit.  It will take some time.

After the party we all went over to the Celebration Town Square where they blow "snoap" into the street.  It's soap bubbles that look like snow. It's so magical! They play Christmas music and everyone is dancing and playing in the street. It's beautiful.

We had a really good time.

And thanks to Jill for answering a prayer.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment