Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Cheating?

I hosted Thanksgiving last year. It was me, Lance, and Lily, my parents, and my two youngest sisters.  I spent weeks planning, and days cooking. I spent a lot of money.

It was absolutely worth it!

But in light of my current "burnt out" feeling, I decided to take an easier route this year.

This year it will be me, Lance, and Lily, my parents, my youngest sister, and my younger brother and his wife.  I am also going to invite a friend and their family over. So the number of people to have Thanksgiving Dinner at my house is TBD.  Perhaps I will invite missionaries as well.  We shall see.

Either way, we ordered some Boston Market last week, which I love. There is a Boston Market within walking distance of our house.  That's not really saying much... it is exactly .7 mile from my house, or a 13 minute walk (according to Google Maps).  With our meal came a lovely advertisement for holiday catering....


Yes please!

After looking into it a little more, we decided to go with the Combo Turkey and Ham for 12 meal.  It comes with everything I want, and more!



I will also be preparing a few dishes in addition to my Boston Market order: Brussels sprouts, green beans, corn, "THE" frozen salad (that I'm not really a fan of), chocolate pie, pomegranate pie, and probably a relish tray of some kind.


This will be SO much easier, and basically cost the same as last year.


PS: I like Boston Market's Sweet Potato Casserole better than my own, and I like my own very much...

No comments:

Post a Comment