Saturday, November 8, 2014

Wasp Stings

Lily and I went to the park with Janel and McKinley yesterday.  We went to the park at the Disney Port Orleans resort.


Something new I learned - they let you "explore" the resorts.  Any resort! You just drive to the parking lot, and tell the person at the gate that you're exploring, and they let you right on in.  It seems a little strange to me.  Because, we totally could go swim in their pool, and nobody would know that we weren't actually guests there.

Maybe they don't care. Who knows.


Either way, the park at Port Orleans is shaded with pine trees. It's a cute little park, and the girls had tons of fun.


I hadn't eaten before we left, so by the time we were on our way home, I was STARVING.  We went to the drive through at McDonald's (because I'm really into health food right now) and then came home.  We walked inside, put the food on the table, said a little dinner prayer, and started eating.

Lance called at this time.  He is in Philadelphia on a "Boy's Trip" with my dad and my two brothers.

Then Lily said, "owey back!" and she started whining a little bit.  Sometimes she pretends to be hurt, so I kind of looked at her, and then carried on with my conversation with Lance.  Lily carried on eating.

But then she stood up and said owey, and started crying.  So I asked her, "Did you get hurt?"  She started crying harder.  I walked over to her, lifted up her shirt, and saw a WASP on her shirt!  I started screaming, and crying, and saying, "I DO'NT KNOW WHAT TO DO! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!"  Of course this made Lily cry harder.  Finally I came to my senses and decided I should get the wasp off my hurting child, so I took her shirt off, and ran to the door. I'm still screaming at this point.

I don't know if you know, but I'm terrified of bees/wasps/hornets/anything that flies and has a stinger.

So I open up the front door and I'm screaming, and I'm shaking her shirt outside trying to get the wasp off of it.

I realize my upstairs neighbors are outside by their front door, probably thinking I'm a mad woman (which I am).


So I just throw the shirt outside and close the door.

Then I go back to saying, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" because Lily is still obviously hurt at this point.

Lily has calmed down, and is looking at me like I'm crazy.

I try to look at her back, but she will only let me look long enough to see that there is one large welt in the center of her back, and three small welts on her right shoulder/neck area.  I can't tell if there is a stinger or not.  But, since there are FOUR welts, I know it's not a bee sting, as bees can only sting once.

I grabbed an ice cube, and put it on the biggest welt, and Lily didn't like that at all.

Emilee called sometime during these shenanigans, so she helped me calm down a bit.

At this point, I'm still concerned about Lily's shirt, who knows why, so I go outside and see if it's still on her shirt.  It is.  So I try shaking the shirt more, but the wasp is clinging on to it.  So Emilee tells me to smash the wasp with a shoe, then I was able to brush it off the shirt, and bring the shirt inside.

After that, we decided to just sit on the couch, and turn on Lily's favorite show, Caillou.  She sits on my lap, and stays there for nearly an HOUR AND A HALF!

That hasn't happened since before she could crawl!

We continued talking to Emilee for a long time.  Lily told Emilee all about the "MEAN bug" that gave her an "owey back."  Lily says lots of stuff, but I can only understand a few words here and there.  I think at one point she talked about mommy crying, and also mommy with a shoe.

Lily is brave, and probably would have cried a lot less if I had kept my cool. But, some things make me lose my shiz.


I'm happy she's snuggly, but sad she got oweys. :(

When Lily was done snuggling with me, she decided to put on her tutu.


Sweet, brave girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment