Thursday, April 16, 2015

Happy Birthday!

I was completely overwhelmed by being wished a happy birthday from friends and family.


I was very depressed for the few days leading up to my birthday because I'm homesick for my family, lonely for my friends, and I'm sick of the daily grind.


I've been having a lot of thoughts wondering if moving here was really the right thing to do.  Why did we move here in the first place? What are we doing here?  It's not like Lance loves his job or anything. I long to "go home" but I don't know where that is.

But then the song "Home" by Phillip Phillips came on and it made me feel better.  This line in particular:

"Just know you're not alone... I'm gonna make this place your home."




Anyway, I hate Facebook "Happy birthdays!" I feel like like they aren't sincere. I stopped telling people happy birthday on Facebook because of that, thinking it didn't really matter anyway.


Yesterday proved me wrong. It does matter.  Reading everyone's comments made me feel special, and I appreciated each one.  Facebook, text message, phone call, who cares?  No matter how you talk to someone, you're taking time out of your day.


We didn't do anything spectacular for my birthday.  Lance took the day off of work and we drove up to the Millennia Mall, which is really nice and fancy.  We ate at California Pizza Kitchen.






California Pizza Kitchen is great.  There are several dishes there that I love, and it's hard for me to decide.

This time I got the Caramelized Peach Salad.  But some other favorites are the Chicken Tequila Fettuccine, the California Club Pizza, and the Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza.  And then there are always other dishes that tempt me.

Lance has ordered the BBQ Chicken Pizza and I liked it more than he did and I usually hate BBQ chicken pizza!


This is not a commercial for CPK, I promise.


After eating we walked around the mall.  I got tempted by a few stores, but never went in and purchased anything.


I fell in love with a shirt in Macy's that cost $70.  What.

I went home and looked it up online and it's on sale for $55.  I still haven't decided if it's worth it or not. (Probably not.)

(Here is the shirt in question, if you're curious.)

I don't even know which color I would buy because I like them both!



We came home and Lily took a nap and I laid in bed and played on my phone.  And my present was delivered.

It is makeup. I love it!

After Lily's nap, we were all still pretty full from lunch so I didn't make dinner.  We just broke out the "cake" (key lime pie) that Lily had been waiting for all day long.  We didn't have candles so we used matches as candles, and Lance and Lily sang me "Happy Birthday" and then we each had a small slice.


I went to Enrichment Night (and actually had a great time, this time!), and then came home and we put Lily to bed.


And then I worked.



Yes, I was offered the night off, but... I mean... I'm going to be awake until 3am anyway, I may as well do something I can be paid for rather than loaf around.



It was a good day.



PS: I'm 27.  I've never understood a woman not revealing her age...  I've earned every year.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!
    Also, I like the top. If you can't blow lots of money on your birthday, when can you? :)

    ReplyDelete