Friday, April 3, 2015

Mean Mom

I think Lily is a great eater.  She's not super picky.  She only refuses to eat a rare handful of things.  Such as:

Kalamata olives
Things that are too spicy
Things that are too hot

That's all I can think of at this point.  I mean, really, she eats lots of stuff!


But getting her to sit down and eat is a challenge! She's far too busy and gets easily distracted.  Eating a bowl of her favorite oatmeal takes an entire hour!  Come on, girl! Just get it done!

If she's starving she'll chow down, but usually I don't starve her... At least, I try not to.

So today for lunch I made an attempt at making the food more interesting than normal.



Mickey Mouse shaped sandwiches!


Usually I don't cut crusts off or any of that nonsense.  But I felt like being a nice mom today.



Did it work?



No.


She ate the pickles, one apple slice, and one bite of sandwich.  And then it sat on the table for an hour before I had her clean it up.



(And yes, I sit down and eat with her.  But mostly it's me sitting by myself at the table while Lily wanders off and I'm constantly calling her to come back.)



I promised her a sucker after lunch.  So after we cleaned up, she brought me a sucker to open.

I looked at her and said, "No, Lily!  You didn't eat your lunch, you don't get sucker."


That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works!



No comments:

Post a Comment