Friday, April 3, 2015

Who Do You Think You Are

I really like the show Who Do You Think You Are. It gets me really excited about genealogy. ...And most episodes have me in tears. 

Being in a very long line of LDS church members that goes back to the pioneers and early days of the church, a lot of my genealogy is done as far back as can go. It's difficult to find new names. Both because LDS records are excellent, and because other family members have done a lot of digging. 

Watching this show has made me realize that instead of focusing on finding new names, I should focus on learning about the people whose names I already have.

I've never really sat down with my grandparents (all four still alive at this point) and asked them about their family life. That's probably a good place to start. 

I'd love it if when I pass to the other side, I'll know more about the people I meet than just their name. 

Everyone's life is important, and everyone has a story to tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment