Saturday, April 25, 2015

Taking a Detour

Well, Lance and I got bored with our lives so we decided to take another detour. We're free spirits like that, I guess.  While we might be afraid of the unknown, and starting over is definitely scary, that doesn't stop us.




Lance applied, interviewed, and got hired for a job at Disney.



Yay Lance!


He's always wanted to work for Disney.  He's applied in the past, but he cancelled the interview.  I guess the difference now is that we're ready for a change.  Lance has always wanted out of the warehouse, and this will give him a new opportunity.

Update 5/16: Lance told me that he actually had not applied for Disney World in the past. I was confused because he had an interview with Universal Studios that he cancelled.

Not to mention that Spears doesn't take very good care of its employees.



The job with Disney is custodial.  It's not much different than warehouse.  It's still very physical.  But I think he likes that, and that he would get bored with a desk job.


He wanted the graveyard shift.  He and I both think that will work best for our family. He'll work anywhere between 10:30pm and 9:30am.


I'm a little nervous about me and Lily staying quiet in the afternoons so he can rest, but I'm excited to be able to go out during the day with him, after he has his nap, or on his days off!

I'll welcome him with open arms to the difficult no-sleep-Sunday club.

I'm a little nervous about the pay cut as well, but we'll manage.  We always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment