Tuesday, January 31, 2012

False Alarm?

I got a call from the doctor's office today.  They say the results of my 24-hour urine test don't show any signs of pre-eclampsia.

I have not been swollen since last Wednesday, and my blood pressure has been fine.  Lance had some blood pressure problems a few months back, so we bought this blood pressure cuff we can use at home.  Each day I've been checking my blood pressure and nothing has been out of a normal range.

My non-stress tests have all been just fine.

What the heck was my body was doing last Tuesday?!  I seriously doubt it will happen again.

Like I said, I think it was because of how active I was the weekend prior to my last visit.  I am taking the partial bed rest seriously, and I have been taking it easier.  This includes, telling the primary president that I would not be able to come to primary until after I had the baby, so that should help as well.  Sundays take a lot out of me.  My class has a lot of energy, and I just can't keep up!

I also took some advice on diet improvements that help with toxemia.  I've been eating more protein, and I completely cut out soda.  I was only drinking non-caffeinated before, but now it's strictly water.

We'll see how today's visit goes.  But I think I'm back on track to have a non-complicated pregnancy.  The LAST thing I want is to be induced.  The way I see it, if they induce me I'll have to be hooked up to a bunch of garbage (such as IVs), and the contractions would be stronger than if I went into labor on my own, thus causing me to think I need an epidural... and blah blah blah.  That also means I wouldn't be able to wait out stage one labor at home, like I have planned.

I do not want to be confined into bed.  I want to get up, walk around, sit on a birthing ball, slow dance with Lance, take a shower, get down on all fours on the floor, etc.  That last part sounds funny... all fours on the floor.  But seriously, it helps when baby is in a weird position to make her move into a more comfortable one.

Assuming I do go into labor by myself, my biggest concern is knowing when to go to the hospital.  I live 45 minutes away from my doctor and hospital of choice, and the last thing I want to do is arrive too early or too late!  I'm thinking once my contractions are 4-5 minutes apart I'll give them a call and start the 45 minute drive.  Yes, that makes for an extremely uncomfortable car ride.  I plan to lay on my side in the back seat. I hope that I'll be 6 centimeters dilated by the time I get to the hospital....  Who knows how fast or slow labor will be.  I hate unpredictability.

No comments:

Post a Comment