Sunday, January 22, 2012

Yesterday

Last night I went to my first Jazz game since last season.  When I walked into the arena I felt like I was home!  I've missed the sights, sounds and smells.  I've also missed watching the game of basketball in person.

We parked where we used to park, back when we had season tickets.  It's about 5 or 6 blocks north of the arena.  I didn't think walking that far while being 33 weeks pregnant would be a big deal.

I didn't realize the sidewalks were covered with slush.

What used to take us 10 minutes to walk, took us 25 maybe 30.  And now I feel like I've been riding a horse for a week straight.  I cannot believe how painful that was!  Is!  I'm still in pain.

I think we made the right decision to not get season tickets this year.  I would be miserable every other night!

We went to the Jazz game to celebrate Eric's birthday.  His birthday is next Saturday, but the game next weekend is vs. Sacramento (that's where Jimmer went) and is way overpriced, probably because there are a lot of Jimmer fans in Utah.  I had a lot of fun, even though I was physically uncomfortable.  I wish we could go to more Jazz games.

We also went to Red Lobster.  I really like Red Lobster, however, I do not enjoy standing for 45 minutes while we wait for a table.  My feet grew two sizes in that time!  The food was very much worth it though.  And their Cheddar Bay Biscuits.... oh!  So delicious.


Yesterday was also my baby shower.  My best friend, Sierra, was very nice and thew me one.  She put in so much thought and effort into it. It turned out really nice, everything was so cute!  I feel so lucky to have so many friends who are willing to help out.  We were given a lot of nice things.  Now on to making thank you cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment