Thursday, March 1, 2012

One More Week

My last visit to the doctor went well.  My blood pressure is "borderline high" so my doctor said we can keep waiting it out instead of inducing me.

It's so worrisome not knowing what is going to win.  Blood pressure, or natural labor?

Today was painful.  Very painful.  It hurts to walk.  It hurts to sit.  It hurts to stand. It hurts when Lily moves. A minute ago, I swear I lost feeling in my legs.  Maybe Lily's head found a lovely nerve to rest on.

I'm still sleeping OK.  I've woken up in the middle of the night a couple of times and not been able to go back to sleep.  Usually I go have a midnight snack, use the restroom then go back to bed only to lie there until the sun comes up.  It's not too bad though.

Tomorrow is my last day in the office.  I'm a bit excited.  It will be interesting next week, working from home.  Good to get the kinks out before there's a little one, I suppose.  Lance and I are worried about me driving to my appointments next week.  I told him not to worry.  What's a better way to not focus on labor pains than trying to not crash the car?

We have only halfway packed our hospital bags.  I'm lacking motivation this week.  Last week I was getting tons of stuff ready.  This week I haven't made dinner a single time.  I'm out of clean clothes that fit.  Not that it takes very many days to run out of clean clothes that fit... but I don't feel like doing laundry.  I'm down to three pairs of pants that fit, barely.  I kept feeling like my belly was hanging out of my top today.  I should probably purchase bigger clothes... but, for 1 more week?  Meh.  I'll wear Lance's pants and hoodies.

I always imagined myself a cute pregnant lady who wore cute clothes and heels all the time.

Which I was, until a month ago.

One more week.... just one more week.

No comments:

Post a Comment