Tuesday, March 6, 2012

She'll Come When She's Ready

My blood pressure today was 110/71. Lately, my systolic has been in the 130s, so I was shocked when I heard it was only 110! I prayed that Lily would come when she's ready, so I guess that's my answer.  She's not quite ready and doctor doesn't have to force her out of me... yet.

I've made the transition to working from home.  It is lovely!  I still get up at the same time and get ready like normal.  I find it better for my morale if I don't sit in PJs all day.  Also, if I end up having to go somewhere I'm already ready to go!

I feel like I'm just as productive from home as I am from the office.  My only issue is that my printer is sooooo slooooow.  Seriously though, DataWise has spoiled me.  They let me take my wireless keyboard and mouse, so I wouldn't have to struggle with a different one (Why is HOME and DELETE moved around on keyboards?  Seriously.).  They let me take a box of paper, a box of toner, and they offered to let me take the printer that was in my office, but I still had a DataWise printer at home from when I was a coder.  It's faster than the one I had in my office, but not as fast as the one we use to print out the tables that I check.  I also got to take home a set of drawers I used in my office. They also ordered me a mat to put on the floor under my chair so it would roll on the carpet easier.  Oh, and my office chair is a DataWise chair as well.  Basically, I work for the nicest people ever who let me take whatever I wanted.  My desk is even from DataWise!  They let me take it when we moved offices from South Jordan to Draper.  They were just going to get rid of it, anyway. It is so nice!  It has a matching printer stand and drawers as well.  All in all I've got a really sweet set up going on.

I got a pedicure tonight.  It was lovely.  It did not give me any contractions.  In fact, I haven't had any real contractions at all!  I get these extremely painful "cramps" in my bladder.  They do not feel anything like period cramps. They feel like... the pain I felt when I had to have that catheter a couple months ago, but the pain is times 10.  They make me double over.  But they're quick, like a poke, then gone.  I usually get about 4 in a row.  That doesn't sound anything like labor pain to me.  I think maybe my bladder is bruised or something, so if Lily kicks it in the right spot it knocks me down.

Braxton Hicks?  I had more when I was 20-30 weeks pregnant than I have had in the last two months.  I get one, maybe two a day now.

So basically, Lily isn't ever coming out and I'm doomed to be pregnant forever!

Or until the 18th.  That's my tentative induction date.  If Lily doesn't come on her own before then, we're going in after her.

I hope she comes at least a day before that though. I bought her a super cute St. Patrick's day outfit!  She will never hear the end of it if she doesn't come out in time to wear it.  The little stinker.

My mom comes tomorrow!  She'll be landing at around 11pm, so my grandparents are picking her up and she'll be sleeping at their house.  Then Thursday we'll meet in Sandy for a nice family dinner with my grandparents, and Eric, and then take her to her lovely quarters at my house where she will reside for the next month.

Basically, I'm still in a really good mood.  I don't have much to complain about. Lily will come when she's ready and until then, I'll just keep on keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment