Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Good and Bad News

I have some good news and some bad news.




The bad news is, I will NOT be teaching in Relief Society this Sunday.

I've been prepping my lesson for two weeks, and I'm quite attached to it. The Mission of Jesus Christ is probably the most important thing that has ever happened, ever. Ever.




The good news is that I am going to Utah for the weekend!  My company's Christmas party is this coming Saturday and I thought it would be a good way to see a lot of people who I care about in a short amount of time.

Well, honestly, Lance wanted me to go. He said it'd be good for me to get out and get away since I was pretty sad last week.

When we first found out when the Christmas party was going to be, we checked flight prices and they weren't that bad.  The problem was that with Lance still searching for a job, we didn't want to book a flight for me, and have it end up being during a time when he'd be working, if he found a job.

Do you remember when I flew alone with Lily?

Not happening, ever again.

So, I made peace with the fact that I wasn't going to be able to come to Utah.

This brings me to my next bit of good news...




Lance was offered a job!




The bad news is that he'd be making less than he's made in over 10 years.  He accepted it, but we decided it'd be best if he kept looking for another job for more reasons than the income...  He'd be working Sunday 10:30am to 7pm.

I'm uncomfortable with that.  We have 9am church, and it's NOT changing times in the new year. We have only one car, and no money for a second car. Lance would have to leave right after Sacrament meeting, and I have no idea how I'd get home. We live close to the church, compared to others in our ward, but it's still a couple of miles away.

Also, I'd be happier with my husband coming to church with me.





So, that leads me to more good news.




Lance had an interview with another company today, and they told him they really like him, but they can't do anything until he has a drug test and a background check.  We have nothing to fear there, so I feel confident that this is the job for us.

It won't be nearly as much money as Lance's last job in Utah, but it will be plenty for us to survive. and he'll be getting some overtime, since his schedule will be 7am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.  I am so relieved!!




And now... how do you pack for freezing weather when it's 80 degrees outside?  I mean, what is cold, even?


This made me giggle so much!

 Don't worry, my Utah friends. You will have the last laugh.  I'm sure I'll be loving Florida in July when it's 90 degrees and 100% humidity.

Lucky for me a have Disney season passes and can spend the day at one of their two water parks.

I know, I know. I'm not helping.  Sorrynotsorry.  I moved here for a reason! 

That reason was not to torment you so I'll shut up now.


I am SO EXCITED to see my siblings and friends. I wish I could spend more time with them, but I'll take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment