Thursday, December 19, 2013

Short Rant

The world's logic, in a nutshell:

If you think homosexuality is a sin, you are a homophobe, and a gay hater.

So, if the above is true, then this is also true:

If you think drinking alcohol is a sin, you hate people who drink alcohol.

If you think using drugs is a sin, you hate drug users.

If you think breaking the Sabbath is a sin, you hate people who shop on Sundays.


It's all a load of BS.


I'm so sick of being afraid to voice my opinion on the subject!


I don't hate the sinner. I don't hate gays, I don't hate alcoholics, drug users, Sabbath breakers, or anyone else who has sinned, which would include everyone, everywhere.



YOU are NOT your sin.  The sin is a stain on your shirt.  You can wash it off if you want to.  If you don't want to wash it off, that's fine too, but don't force me to accept it as normal, and don't accuse me of being hateful.



I still love you, but I will NEVER love the sin.




Let me also make it very clear that there is a big difference between being tempted to do something and actually engaging in the act.

Why would one person's temptation make them any less than another person's temptation? Newsflash: It doesn't.

2 comments:

  1. This whole controversy has me fired up as well. People are stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is stupid. But just to clarify - Phil had the right to say what he said, but A&E also had the right to take the action they took. I have no issue with either party. I have an issue with the media frenzy, and the controversy surrounding it. It just makes me sick. Can we please get along? It reminds me of high school when I was fighting with a "friend." I told her, "Well, just because we are no longer friends doesn't mean we have to be enemies." And she responded, "Oh, yes we do."

    Can we please grow up and get out of high school? Learn to accept and get along with people who believe differently than you do.

    ReplyDelete