Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving

We had a really good Thanksgiving this year.  My parents and sisters were able to come down, which made me really happy.

It's an 11 hour drive for them in the motor home, so on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, I serenaded them with a little song I wrote about my pre-Thanksgiving prep.


20 taters mashing


8 sweeties cooling

2 chocolates chilling

1 turkey brining

...and some leftover pie filling


I was pretty pleased with myself.

I ended up cooking:
Roasted turkey
Cranberry-pomegranate sauce
Garlic cream cheese mashed potatoes, with extra buttah
Candied sweet potatoes
Roasted brussels sprouts with lemon and garlic
Turkey stuffing (Stovetop is my favorite. Tried making my own stuffing last year and it was gross.)
Two chocolate pies (a tradition in Lance's family)
Two pomegranate pies
 And I cheated on the pumpkin pie and baked a frozen one from Sarah Lee. YOLO.

My mom made rolls, gravy out of the turkey drippings, THE frozen salad (it's a salad that's a tradition in our family that is made from cream cheese, whipping cream, pineapple, banana, maraschino cherries, marshmallows and other stuff), and she brought drinks, plates, cups and utensils.

It was a good day, and I'm really glad they came. I miss them again already.

My parents watched Lily on Friday so Lance, me, Emilee and Jessica could go see Catching Fire, which was awesome. :)  Then on Friday night we went to Del Taco, which was also awesome.

It went by too quickly, and it makes me sad that we didn't get do to more while they were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment