Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Accidental Pixie

I think my title says it all, don't you?

I dyed my hair dark brown myself. I was sick of re-bleaching my regrowth. But, this made me look like a drowned rat.
I was ready for something drastic.

This was the picture I sent Lance, right after it happened.
I wanted to prepare him for what he was about to see when I walked in the house.

The haircut I asked for was similar, but it was longer. Jaw length... shaggier. I suppose this has the potential to get there in a couple of months.  But you can definitely see the self consciousness on my face!

I went to a hair school. And in doing so, I did tell them a length that I wanted, which was longer than what I really wanted.  They missed.  But, this haircut is better than the haircut I got back in February... We do not speak of that haircut and color.

There is something about cutting hair that is very emotional.  I don't know why.  I mean, I'm usually really open to change and experimenting with my hair.  But if you take away the hair that frames my face, I feel like I'm just a nose and pointy chin, that happens to have eyes.

This is what I posted on Facebook
After I got home I played with my hair a little. I flattened it out and straightened bits of it.  I felt a little better, but, I'm still unsure at this point.

I put on some red lipstick and went to lunch.
The red lipstick helped.

The next day I saw a TON of people I hadn't seen in a very long time.
I don't like the spotlight.  I want to be seen, but not necessarily be the center of attention.  So, walking into a meeting with a bunch of co-workers that you haven't seen in months, and in some cases, over a year, was really scary for me. I had really bad anxiety.  I would have had anxiety no matter what I looked like.  But having a hair crisis didn't help.

But, they were all nice. I got a lot of nice compliments, and thankfully those who didn't like it didn't say anything. Because, come on, not everyone likes my hair. Let's just be honest.


Ultimately, I still feel like I look like a boy.  My hair reminds me of Justin Bieber, and that is not a good thing.



Two years ago, as I was sitting in Kellyanne's chair getting a haircut, I was discussing my inner desires to have a pixie cut.  I promised her that I would let her cut a pixie on me if I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight.

It does not escape me that this hair mishap happened right after I reached that weight.

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment