Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Contents Under Pressure

I don't deal well with stress.

I shut down.


For example, I got to sleep at about 5am this morning. Lance's alarm went off a little bit after I got done reading scriptures.

Side note: I've started reading the bible. I'm in Genesis chapter 20-something. I just read about Joseph and Potipher's wife.


And also, yes, I realize I should read scriptures earlier in the day, but after work is when I have the most quiet, uninterrupted time to myself.  Who better to dedicate that time to than God?


I just can't get through a blog post without religion, can I?



I got up with Lily at 9:30am.  Lily had been awake since about 9:00.

I fed Lily breakfast, and then just sobbed at the state that our house is in. With the mess from Lily and Daddy's party last night, and the mess I hadn't cleaned up before that, boxes and crap everywhere.... Yeah, instead of actually doing anything about it, I just sobbed.




I wondered to myself: How am I going to make it through this entire day, and a full 8 hour shift of work tonight?


So I turned on Caillou for Lily, and laid down in my bed, thinking about all the things that need to be done.


Lily came in and out, talking to me about random stuff. At one point she climbed up on my bed and got under the covers with me, but that lasted about 5 seconds then she was off again.

After her Caillou was over, she asked for another show. So I dragged my butt out of bed, turned on Super Why, and then decided to get into the shower.

And then I decided to pack up as much of the bathroom as I could before I showered.  Basically, I grabbed what I needed for my shower, and a few items that I know Lance will need for the next few days, and then threw everything else in a box.  Pretty efficient, I guess.

Our bathroom fans aren't working, and we're going to put in a work order before we move out.  My bathroom was really gross and messy so I decided this would also be a good time to scrub the toilet and sink.  I'd hate for a maintenance guy to see a gross bathroom.

So after all this, Super Why was over, so I started another Caillou episode.  Then I got in the shower.  After my shower, I sprayed the shower with some bathroom mildew killer stuff and let that sit while I got dressed.  Then I went back into the shower and scrubbed down the walls and tub.  It doesn't really look better, but at least I feel better about it.


So then I fed Lily a snack, and I sat my butt down on my computer chair.  It's 11:20am at this point.  And in two hours I've accomplished very little.

I am much more efficient and effective at my job than I am at this mother thing.

I really like the idea of Lance being a stay at home dad.


Next on my to do list is to finish up the bathroom packing, and pack up the kitchen.


I will probably accomplish neither, and just sit by Lily and watch Finding Nemo (which I just walked away from the computer to turn on for Lily).



And also, Monday is going to be so bad.  I will have to think of a way to keep Lily entertained while I and the stranger from Homejoy clean....  Any ideas?  We'll already be moved out, but I can leave some toys here, and maybe my Nook?

PS:


No comments:

Post a Comment