Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Apartment Love and Rose Gold

Ok, so I'm super busy moving, and organizing and cleaning the old apartment, and also working and being a mom, but... work ended early tonight, so... here I am!


We rented a truck on Saturday, and had 2 lovely gentlemen from our ward come help us load it up and unload it at the new location.

I feel so bad for them. They worked so freakin' hard, and then they wouldn't let us buy them lunch.  If only more people had shown up, they all would have been less exhausted.  They did an excellent job though. And they stayed positive.  SUCH great men.

Thank you, Jake and Neil!


I hired a cleaning lady from Homejoy to come deep clean my bathrooms and kitchen.  She did alright.  She didn't move the fridge or oven though, so I had to move those, sweep and mop behind there and then re-mop the rest of the floor.  But hey, she did a great job, and it saved me time that I would have had to spend cleaning those items.


I really need to consistently deep clean my house, then it won't be so much hard work all at once.


Has anyone tried the fabric softener trick that I've seen on Pinterest?  Does it really work?


Anyway, things are good.


We get our Internet and cable through Bright House.  Bright House couldn't come switch over our connections until Wednesday.

So, today being Monday, guess where I am?


I'm in my old empty apartment.  On a card table.  With my laptop, a keyboard, a screen, a calculator, a mouse, a printer, a pen, and a notepad.

I have all the essentials.

And honestly, this isn't much different from what it's like when I work in a hotel.  Except I don't take my big nice screen to hotels with me.  Or my printer.

But yeah.  So I have to drive home after work now.


But the alone time and the quiet is amazing.


But, I have an office to look forward to on Wednesday!!  Hooray!  I haven't had an office since we left Provo a year and a half ago.



Our new bedroom is bigger than our old one, however, I do have one very huge issue with this room.


The toilet and shower are in their own room, but the sink is in the same room as everything else.  Like, there's no door between my bed and my bathroom sink.  That really bothers me. Especially when Lance gets up at 5:30 and spits in the sink and puts on contacts and brushes his teeth.  Yes, in that order.

So, item number one to purchase specifically for this apartment was a giant tension rod and some blackout curtains.  I already have them both up.  It won't block out the noise, but at least it will block out the bright freakin' lights that are above the sink.

Where is the sense in that anyway?  Why put a wall and  door between the sink and the toilet and tub?  Why not include them all on the other side of a door?

Whatever.



Lily's room is enormous!  We buy Lily a lot of crap. I'm sorry, we do.  She has a playhouse that was kind of awkward in her old room (good deal on Black Friday!), but in her new room there is a this nook that fits the house perfectly.  I'm so in love!  Her old closet was a walk-in, but this one is wider, just not as deep. And not a walk-in.  It fits things nicely, but I haven't organized all her stuff yet.



My office is tiny, but it will be perfect.  I have a desk in there, a futon, and a microwave.  All I need now is a mini fridge and then I can literally live in there for the duration of the cycle.  Yep, there is a bathroom connected to it.  Hopefully it will not come to living my office though, as this cycle isn't supposed to be as busy as the 2012 cycle.



Umm... I haven't tried organizing my kitchen yet.  It appears to have the same amount of cupboard space as the old kitchen.  Maybe 1/2 cupboard more in the new one.  More counter space though, so that will be nice.  The dishwasher is great and actually holds more than one baking sheet.  And the sinks!  They are deeper and can actually fit a pan in there!



The windows, I think, face east. And today was I was hanging out, I LOVED how much natural sunlight we got, but no DIRECT sunlight.  Our old apartment had constant sunshine blazing through the windows. Basically we lived in an oven.


Oh and we now have ceiling fans in every room.  Wonderful!


Alright, so I like my new apartment. I will stop gushing about it.  It really isn't the greatest, it's just SO much better than what we had previously.  I can't wait to get settled and get back to normal life.


I'm going to drive home now.


Oh wait, I took a picture today and I like it!

I didn't really style my hair today.  Trying the wash and go look.  It looks alright.  But I'm really starting to like my hair.  It only took about 2 weeks!  :)  I guess I needed that 1/8th inch of hair growth to make me happy.

I also bought an eye shadow I've been wanting.  L'Oreal Infallible eye shadow in Amber Rush.  It's kind of a shimmery golden rose color.  Rose gold-ish? But definitely more gold, less rose.  Normally I don't like gold on me.  But this one wins.


1 comment:

  1. I've used the softener sheets on my baseboards. It does help get some of the stuck on stuff. I haven't really paid attention to if it helps repel stuff much, though.

    ReplyDelete