Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Stress!

We found what I thought was a great place to live.

It's in a gated community, and it's in a new part of town, near a brand new "mall" they just built.  I honestly don't think of it like a mall. It's more of an outdoor shopping center.  There are lots of stores and restaurants, but it's like a strip mall, I guess.  We do go over there a lot to eat. Plus, they have an Ulta over there, so... maybe this isn't the greatest place to move. :-)

Anyway, I was really excited about it.  I called and set up an appointment for a showing.


TWO other couples were there to see the same condo.

Awkward!

But I felt very competitive and driven.  I've called about 5 different condos in this same complex, and they were all either already rented or someone had turned in their application already.  I did not want to let this one slip away!


I'm in love with the kitchen.  Yes, it's still pretty small. But they make really good use of their space.  I would describe it as a triangle shape.  It has granite counter tops, and very nice hardwood cabinets. The appliances are white, which I'm not a huge fan of, however they appear to be in a really good condition.  (I'm also not a fan of the stainless steel that most people go crazy for.  I'm a black appliance lover.) There is a pantry that is larger than any pantry I've ever had, and it has some awesome shelving included on the door.  The kitchen also has an undermount sink, which, I tend to geek over.  It just makes sense to not have a lip around the sink. Right? Right. Not to mention, it's a large, deep sink.  The sink I have now is the most shallow sink I've ever seen in my life.

The living and dining area is small, but it will work.  I can see us having people over for dinner and games.  We have a nice screened patio.  No bugs, yay!  This condo is on the third level, so we do have a view of a currently empty field.

3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.  The master bedroom is small, but bigger than what we're working with now. The master bath is great. It has 2 sinks, and a space for a chair so I can sit and do my pretties.  The closet is located through the master bath, and it's a really good size, with some really great shelving in there.

The other 2 bedrooms are small, but they will work.

There is a laundry room with a washer and dryer included.  I'm excited to have laundry in our apartment, and on the same level as us.  Hooray!

Overall it's small, but I think we can be comfortable there for a couple of years.

We talked to the realtor, after the other couples left, and told her we wanted to apply. She told us what we needed, and we were on our way. We thought we needed to go home to get my social, but, for some strange reason, it was already in my wallet.

So yeah, we've applied. Apparently it takes a week to hear back on whether or not you qualify.

I'm not worried about qualifying.  I'm worried about them taking multiple applications and not telling people.


And then yesterday Lance told me he doesn't really like the place. He doesn't like the building. He doesn't like that it's on the third level, and he doesn't like the monthly rent.

Um, ok?  Then why did we apply for it?  I don't recall being the one who drove to the office to apply. I don't recall twisting your arm.

I do recall freaking out at him about how much our budget should be, because the only things we were finding in our old budget were either just as crappy as our current place, or they were income restricted.  So maybe he was afraid to bring up his concerns.  But apparently it's a good time to bring up your concerns after you've already paid $120 for background checks and application fees.

Whatever.

I don't like the saying, "Happy wife, happy life."  I like working together with Lance to find a solution we are both comfortable with.  So the fact that he's not happy with this condo really upsets me.  I'm not upset that he doesn't like it, I'm upset that he didn't say anything until yesterday. A week after we applied.

Ya know what. It's only $170 more than we paying now.  And we'll have a washer and dryer, no extra pet rent, no extra HOA, and it's gated.  Oh, and the neighborhood is nicer. Oh, and we'd still be in the same ward. Oh, and we have a third bedroom. I think it's worth it.

Am I crazy?  Should we go live in some other shady area of town? Should we switch wards and be the new people all over again?  Should we risk moving into a tiny branch where I'll be Primary President (most likely)?

Now I'm just being dramatic.

But yeah.


Honestly, I'm hoping eventually we can BUY a condo in this complex and rent it out.  It's an up and coming area, it's 5 minutes from Disney World (if you take the $2 toll road).  And holy crap, it was hard finding an available condo!

I dunno.  We'll see what happens.  We won't know if we will get it until tomorrow or Thursday.


I want to show you the link to the exact unit, but, I don't want any stalkers. :-)  So, here are a couple of units that have a similar layout:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3001-Greystone-Loop-Unit-106_Kissimmee_FL_34741_M59850-75519?row=13

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Kissimmee_FL_34741_M59809-72197?row=20


We'll see what happens. If we don't get it, it's back to the drawing board.



Um, oh, by the way. I'm really stressed out because we have to be out of this apartment by July 30th.

We're leaving town to celebrate our anniversary this weekend.

I'll be in Utah July 17-20.

We only have one car.

We work opposite schedules.


I get to bed at 4am. Lance leaves for work at 5:30am.


If we move, how do I come back and clean this place?  Can only do it on Saturday or Sunday.

We have 2 weekends available to get this done.  One to move, one to clean.

We haven't started packing.

We technically don't have anywhere to move.

Stress.  Just, stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment