Sunday, August 30, 2009

Is There Oil In My Lamp?

Yes, but very little. 

I have realized this over the past few months.  My spiritual side is practically starving to death, and today it has finally been fed. I went to all three meetings today.  I am so proud of myself and my husband.  We also met with the elder's quorum president, and our home teachers.

One of my biggest worries about going to more than just Sacrament meeting was that people would constantly ask if we were new... Surprise surprise, people knew who we were!  I realized that my fear was silly, and I shouldn't worry about such silly things.  The only thing I should worry about is what my Heavenly Father thinks of me, and that I'm doing the best I can.

There has been so much focus on temples lately, and I'm really feeling the push to go more often.  The only problem is that my recommend is expired.  So, I'm going to get it renewed, and I have a goal to go every Saturday morning.  I would like someone to go with me, so if anybody who reads this wants to go, or already does go on Saturday mornings and wouldn't mind a tagalong, please let me know!  I have this problem of not wanting to do things by myself.  I guess that's something that comes with growing up in a family with 6 kids; you're never alone.  It's something I need to work on, I guess.  Or I just need to make friends in the ward so I don't feel alone.

I'm glad I put a few extra drops of oil in my lamp today, and hope I can continue to add more.  I think overall I'll have a happier attitude about things... and you guys won't have to read my negative blogs anymore!  Win win. :)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, about not wanting to do things alone. I don't know what I am going to do when I am all grown up. I will never be able to do anything.... :/
    I would totally go to the temple with you on Saturday mornings...but I don't think you would want to drive all the way over here, and also all I can do is baptisms....so yeah...
    Anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I know what you mean! Ryan and I set a goal when we got married to go to the Temple every other week, but yeah that didn't work out so well. But I've been itching to go, so anytime you want to go to the temple, call me and let's go!

    ReplyDelete