Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Politics

I work for a company that processes data. Most of the data we process is political, but we do get some marketing.

I don't like to take my work home with me... not that I dislike my job, in fact, I LOVE my job. But, I prefer not to hear about politics outside of work. I know, the horror, right? Politics surround us every day. There is no avoiding it... but I try.

So I was going to write about this topic that I've seen some stuff about recently... but I'm not sure if I'll be breaking my companies privacy policy. So, in general terms... I think that everyone, including our lovely government, needs to start owning up to our own problems.

When I spend my paycheck too fast, I can't go ask my boss for more money.
If I got in an argument with my husband, I don't call my mom to come fix the problem.
If I'm looking to purchase an item, but I don't like the price, I go somewhere else, or I don't buy it. I don't call the owner of the store and ask them to drop the price.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment