Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Little Brother

My little brother, Jared, left on his mission yesterday.

It was a lot harder to let him go than it was my older brother. Jared and I have always been pretty close. He's always been a good brother. And as far as I can remember, we've never, ever been in any fights.

The week before he left was a real rollercoaster of emotions for me.

I was happy that he chose to go. I know that he made the decision on his own, not to please anyone but his Heavenly Father and himself. A year ago, he said he wasn't going, but I guess he had an epiphany and realized that there are people out there who need him. Not just any missionary, but him. I believe that missionaries are not sent places at random, they are sent where they are needed, and the Lord needs him there in Guatemala.

I'm sad that my closest sibling is gone for two years. I'm worried that he will be like Eric and write me only once. One letter in two years. I don't think either of my brothers realize how much they mean to me, and not having them around is really hard for me, so letters mean a lot. I was so happy when I got that letter from Eric, and it was really sad that I didn't get any more.

I'm scared that Lolly will become distant. I care for her more than I think she realizes. I really and truly hope they end up together. If they don't, I know what will happen is meant to be, but it really won't be easy.

I'm worred that he won't be the same Jared when he comes back.

The last thing he said before walking out the door was "Jenn, have a baby." I don't know about that one....

Here he is giving me "The Look" that I won't see for two years... maybe longer if he changes drastically.

This was taken after we walked four miles to get a coke in Vegas. We turned around and walked four miles back shortly afterward. The things he'd do for a coke...


Here we are at Eric's homecoming party. I love his carefree spirit, and ability to always make me smile.

I love you Jared, and I know you are where you're supposed to be... I just wish I could be with you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I never realized what it would be like to send your lil bro out on a mission!
    I really like Lolly too, that would be cool if they ended up together, kind of like you and Lance, knowing each other since high school! (even earlier? I don't know)
    Anyway, thanks for posting Jared's letter to you, he's so funny!
    And seriously...FOUR miles for a coke?! That's hilarious, but don't know that I would have done it! lol

    ReplyDelete