Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Twitter, Hair, Farmington, Cars...etc., etc.

I'm frustrated, and I want to vent... but at the same time I don't want to be frustrated, so I feel like venting is not a good idea right now.  Ugh!  Mixed emotions stink!!!

So I joined Twitter and I've been following some pretty cool peeps (celebrities).  It's a lot of fun.  I like how it brings the "untouchable" celebrities down to a level that makes them seem more relatable.  My favorite people to get tweets from are Deron Williams, CJ Miles and Dwight Howard.  They're really cool people, and I feel like I could hang with them.  In reality, I probably can't, but I like to feel like I can. :)

I'm getting my hair done today... yayz!!  It's been 10 weeks!  Ick!  I usually get it done every 6 weeks, but money has been kind of tight lately.  I'm so happy that I can get it done today.  Last time, Kellyanne used this sexy purple-brown color.  I looked hawt, but it faded super fast.  I think I'm going to try that color again today, and instead of the usual blonde, I'm going to try a sandy/beige blonde.  Darker for fall!  :)  Same cut as last time:


Except the bangs were different....   Man oh man, I loved this haircut!  I think it fit my face pretty well.

I'm jumping around topics, I know, but I'm just trying to disctract myself from my frustrated emotions (PS: It's working!!).

Next weekend I'm going on an adventure to Farmington, NM!  I've never been there before, so I'm pretty much stoked.  We are going with Lance's parents and maybe his sister, Laura's family.  I LOVE going new places!  I'm excited to hear stories from his families of vacations they've taken here back in the day.  I'm a sucker for that stuff, fo sho!

Lance has been trying very hard to get a truck lately.  I don't mind him getting one, as long as we can get the payments somewhere manageable.  I hate that we just paid off a car (that is now a piecer), and he wants to get stuck in another payment.  But I understand.  I mean, the Hyundai's transmission is giving us fits, and the mechanics we've talked to said fixing the transmission will only work for a short time, until the "fixed" transmission dies too.  What I want to do is get just a nice, cheap, used car for $12k or less.  But no, he has his heart set on a Nissan Titan truck, $17K, which is a good price!  Just too expensive for us right now.


So we're trying to sell our POS Hyundai, and use the money on a down payment, so we can get the Nissan payments around $250 a month.  It's a frustrating time, for sure.  At the same time as not wanting to have a car payment, if he gets his dream car I want a new/different car too!!  I have my sights on a Mazda RX8. 


They're running at a good prices right now.  But yeah, that's selfish of me.  The Dodge we bought last year is nowhere near being paid off.... and with the depreciation that has happened, it's worth LESS than what we owe.  Cars suck.... they suck bad.

Anyway, I feel better now.  Nothing quite like a time-out to calm you down!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenn!
    Thanks for the links!!!
    My husband's DREAM car is the RX8!! So, he says you rock cuz you have good taste! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to Farmington, does that mean I am babysitting Bentley? :D

    ReplyDelete