Saturday, April 2, 2011

Guilt

I didn't work out today.  It's been really hard the past few days to get up and work out.  I'm not improving at the videos as fast as I was last month and I'm not seeing results as fast as I was last month.  Therefore, I'm feeling a bit down on myself.  I look in the mirror and I look like I'm back where I was before I started Insanity.  I feel like I've quit Dr. Pepper for nothing.  I feel like I get up insanely early for nothing.  I feel like I run, jump, lunge, squat, and push-up the life out of me every morning for nothing.  I need to re-motivate myself.  For what purpose am I exercising?  No real purpose.  Just for fun.  But it's not fun anymore.

I went to breakfast with Sierra today, for her birthday, which is tomorrow.  We went to Kneaders and got some French toast.  Boy oh boy was it delicious! Because of that, I was late to watch session one of conference.  But I heard one talk in the car, and watched another on TV.

Is it wrong to DVR the conference sessions?  Because that's what I did with the afternoon session today.  I went to a movie with Lance, then came home and watched the recording.  I kind of feel guilty, like I didn't make conference a priority. I made it wait for me, rather than making it a priority to watch it.  I mean, I watched the second session, I just didn't make any sacrifices to watch it.

To be honest, I think that was the first time in my life I ever watched an entire session.  So, judge me if you want, but it's an improvement from my life in the past.

2 comments:

  1. Eh. I think that's way better than turning on Conference and just having it on in the background while you're doing other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I remember that when I lived in Germany as a child, we had to watch a video tape of conference once either due to no satellite or a problem with it. We still attended, and I feel good about that.

    I have not made it through the final session in years. It starts and my eyelids drop and I'm down for the count. I read all the talks in the Ensign, but yeah. I think you can feel fine about yourself, lol.

    ReplyDelete