Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Favorite Memory

There are SO many memories one can have in a lifetime, it's hard to chose an all time favorite.  So, while the following memory may not be my all time favorite, I like it.

Lance and I are not what you would call "lovey-dovey", nor do we publicly compliment each other, or brag about each other.  I think I barely ever mention him in my blog posts. I guess we're just private that way. This in no way means I don't love him, don't think about him, or anything negative of the sort.  I love him very, very much.  No other person in this world could make me happier.  Also, no other person could handle my mood swings, depression, anxiety, outbursts, control issues, OCD, etc. 

I have issues, we all do. 

Anyway, I'm going to share my first memory of Lance, who is now my wonderful husband.

The First Sighting
My first memory of Lance was when I was 12 years old.  My family had not yet moved to Pleasant Grove, but we were planning on it.  The house we were buying had people living in it (who weren't paying rent, and needed to be evicted), and we had to wait for them to move out before we could move in. Even though we hadn't really moved into the ward, we decided to go to church in what would be our new ward. 

In our regular ward in Santaquin, we usually sat on the first or second row.  My parents thought sitting there would make us kids pay attention more.  When you have six kids, you have to be creative. But this time at church, we sat near the back.  We sat on what I call "the first row of the back rows."  If you've been in an LDS chapel, you may know what I'm talking about.  There are doors on both sides of the chapel, and there is a gap in the seating to make a walkway.  The first row after that walkway is the "first row of the last rows."

I was a boy crazy child.  I always had a "boyfriend" or a boy I liked.  If you look at my journal from my middle school and high school days, you'll notice boys' names doodled all over it, with corresponding dates of when I liked that particular boy.  Crazy much?  Yeah.  Normal for a 12 year old?  I think so.  Being boy crazy, I was scoping out the ward for cute boys.

...And then I saw him.  He was sitting on the left side of the chapel, near the middle, on the end of the bench.  His hair was spikey with blond tips. He had tannish skin, and perfect lips. He was wearing glasses, and a t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes. I remember being very judgemental about that.  "People wear jeans and tennis shoes to church here?"  No. "People" didn't, just Lance did.  I guess he was in his rebellious stage.  But oh my goodness he was gorgeous. I think I stared at him during all of Sacrament meeting.  Cutest.Boy.Ever.


I couldn't find a picture of him from back then, but this is what I looked like.

My arms are still too big for the rest of my body.  (*chuckle*)

No comments:

Post a Comment