Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Take It Easy

I worked out today, but I'm not following the Insanity schedule.  Because I got off from the real schedule, I decided to just take it easy until we get beck from Florida, which is when I will restart month two. 

Today I did Core Cardio & Balance. I didn't push myself very much, and I wore the Reebok Easy Tone shoes the whole time.  My calves felt nice and tight, I sweat a bit... It was a good workout.

I'm thinking about bringing one of the level 2 Insanity disks with us to Florida, so I can get up early and just do the warm-up every day.  That way I won't lose my ability to do the entire warm-up without stopping.  It took me a long time to work up to that, and I do not want to lose that!

I went tanning last night.  15 minutes in a Ruva bed.  I am scorched.  I don't know what happened.  I did 13 minutes on Saturday, so 15 minutes should have been just fine.  I'm burned, and burned bad in weird places.  The insides of my legs, from thigh to ankle, my bottom, and my stomach are all a crisp.  My back, face, arms, and outside of my legs are just fine.  In fact they look freakishly white compared to the glowing red of the rest of me.  I'm going to let my skin recover for a few days, then go again on Thursday, maybe.

I've been using a self tanner with SPF 20 on my face... I don't like NOT wearing sunscreen on my face, but I also don't want my face to be really white compared to the rest of me.  It's been doing a great job!  The tan that does get through is just enough so that my freckles come out, which is what naturally happens when I'm in the sun. Between tanning and this self tanner with SPF my face matches the rest of me (except that my face doesn't burn, thank goodness!).  It's Jergen's Natural Glow Healthy Completion Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 20, for fair skin.  That's a mouthful.  :)  I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment