Friday, April 22, 2011

Vacation Day 1: Travel to Orlando

We got up at 5:30am so we could make it to the airport on time for our 8am flight. We slept at Lance's parents' house so we wouldn't have to get up even earlier.

It was my first flight in over a year, so I was pretty nervous about taking off.  Taking off is the funnest, but also most scary part to me.  I worry that they won't gain enough speed and we'll come crashing back down shortly after takeoff.  Obviously, that didn't happen.  Also, it's probably rare.  But I always say a little prayer just in case.

Both flights went well that day.  Salt Lake to Denver is the shortest flight ever.  55 minutes?  It's barely time for them to get you your drink and cookie.  I think I listened to two songs on my iPod before they asked us to put things away for landing.



Landing in Orlando was wonderful.  The weather was extremely humid, so I was worried about being way too hot the entire time.  But after raining for about 5 minutes, the humidity went away, and it wasn't humid for the rest of the trip.

Our room was awesome!  From the outside it looked pretty trashy, but we were pleasantly surprised.  We had two entrances.  One in the front and one in the back.  I would describe it as more of an apartment than a hotel room.  If you enter through the front, you go straight into a living room, with a full size couch and two chairs, a TV and a pull down queen size bed. 

The next room is the kitchen.  It had a full size fridge, and also a microwave, stove top, cupboards and kitchen table.  Very nice!  Too bad we didn't bring any dishes! 

The bathroom is next.  It's an average hotel bathroom, pretty small.

The bedroom was nice.  It was very large, larger than our bedroom at home!  There was a vanity area, with a sink and a mirror.  I liked this so I could still get ready if Lance needed the bathroom.  The room had a king size bed, two night stands, and a very small flat screen TV, but a TV nonetheless.  It also had a built in dresser, and a quite large closet.  The bed was very comfortable and they gave us 7 pillows.  I like lots of pillows!

I liked the room very much.  I was very comfortable there.

We went swimming that evening in one of the hotel's three pools, after eating at this cute little place called "Checkers".

It's not every day that you wake up in 40 degree weather, have rain, and then go swimming outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment