Friday, April 8, 2011

My Favorite Birthday

What a coincidince that this is the next topic to write about.  My birthday is in 6 days.  It will be my 23rd birthday.

23...  Wow.  I don't think about my age very often.  When I was younger I was always wanting to be older, always waiting to be able to be old enough to do something.  I remember wanting to get out of primary and into young women's, waiting to be old enough to go to church dances, date, drive, graduate high school, get married, etc.  I never felt old enough.

Well, I can tell you that I am now old enough.  There aren't any more age requirements left for me to be able to do something.  Get senior discounts at restaurants?  Pass.  I think those are crap anyway.  No offense to seniors, but they've had way more time to earn the money to pay.  That's just my opinion.  I don't mean to pick on seniors.  Working in politics, I see the selfishness of every age group, race, and other demographics.  Everyone wants something that will benefit them, whether or not it puts a burden on the rest of society.  Yes, I'm saying we all are burdens on society.  Law of consecration FTW (for the win)!

I'm way off topic, aren't I?

My birthdays are usually small and humble.  I prefer to spend them with family, and maybe a friend or two.  I don't like having a big party, and I don't like opening presents in front of people.  I don't like being sung to.  I don't like attention.

I love being with family.  I love getting presents.  I love fun-fetti frosting, I could eat a whole tub.

I don't have a favorite birthday.  I like all of them. 

In the past few years, I've gone on a "date" each year with my dad to celebrate our birthdays together.  I think that's my favorite part.  I'm definitely a daddy's girl.  We get to talk, laugh, and catch up.  It's nice to go out with him and realize that he'll always be my dad, even though I can't run to him for every little thing any more.

This year Lance and I are going to Orlando to celebrate our birthdays.  His birthday is exactly one week after mine.  This might be the best birthday ever.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment