Sunday, February 12, 2012

Not Tired?

Today (Saturday) I got up and got ready for the day, at a pretty normal time, 8am.  That's just 45 minutes later than a week day!

I went through all of our coupons that we have for baby stuff, and other items we needed. 

I made a detailed shopping list.

I gathered items we needed to return and items we wanted to exchange.  Y'know, duplicate gifts and such.

I made lunch.  Really, I didn't make anything.  I put together a couple of sandwiches, got out some broccoli florets and veggie dip (I made the dip previously), poured a couple of glasses of apple juice and... got out a couple of bananas.  Good lunch!

Lance and I went to Walmart and returned items, and shopped for more items.

We took our car to Lube Doc to get our oil changed.  While we waited for our car, we walked around Shopko.  After we got our car back we took it to get a car wash.  On the way home, we stopped at Little Caesar's for a pizza.

I zoned out in front of the TV, watching the Food Network shows I recorded.  I believe I watched Restaurant Impossible, Sandra Lee's Chocolate, and Pioneer Woman.  Then I decided to make the Whoopie Pies from Tammy's blog.

I started that at 8:00pm.  Being dumb, I didn't make sure I had all the ingredients before starting, and I had to make a quick run to the store to get more flour.  I was 1/3 cup short!

Anyhow, I just finished the pies about 15 minutes ago.  So that means I was working on them for 5 hours.  My feet hurt, but I'm not tired.  I should be tired, I think.  My feet aren't even that swollen! Ok, just kidding.  I just looked at them, and I have no visible ankles.

Anyway, now I have a freezer full of delicious whoopie pies filled with a raspberry-flavored filling.  They are good.  I have no idea who I'll be giving all these pies to, though.  I didn't realize I was making a billion.

So much for partial bed rest.  I think tomorrow I will take it easier.

Except that I'd like to shampoo the carpets....

2 comments: