Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Twice A Day, Every Day

Hiccup, hiccup, hiccup.  Lily always seems to be hiccuping!  She gets them three times a day, sometimes!  I really like it. :)  She has them right now, that's really why I'm writing this.

Lance's sisters and mom threw me a baby shower on Saturday.  They are so nice to me.  It was really great. :)  I feel so unworthy!  At the baby shower, I told everyone I was 36 weeks.  Then I got on here and saw that I was only 35 weeks.  Ugh.  Can I turn my internal crock pot onto high and cut this remaining cooking time into half, or even a third?  Would it be dangerous for me to start running around and doing jumping jacks when I'm at 37 weeks?  And by dangerous, I mean, would it set off my toxemia symptoms again?

My nonstress test on Monday wasn't as perfect as my tests in the past.  Lily was moving a ton, but her heart rate wasn't increasing, so they had to keep buzzing me with this annoying little tool.  I felt bad for my baby.  We both just wanted to be left alone.  So, since I was hooked up for an hour and her heart rate only increased one time, we had to do a biophysical.  I believe that's what they called it.  It was basically an ultra sound where they have to observe the baby doing certain things within a certain time period.  It took about 5 minutes, since Lily is doing just fine. :)  She kicked and wiggled, and "breathed", and everything just fine.  It was so nice to see her, since I haven't seen her since my last ultra sound which was a few months ago.  She looked like she was putting her fingers in her mouth.  So cute!

I had a visit to my doctor yesterday and that went well.  I got the lovely Group B Strep test.  I don't know my results yet.  I also got checked to see if I am effaced and/or dilated.  Boy oh boy, I was happy to hear I'm 50% effaced and 1cm dilated, even though I know it doesn't *really* mean that I'm closer to delivering than a lady who isn't dilated at all.  Some people dilate faster than others.  However, I said to Lance, "This is great. If the first centimeter was painless, maybe the next 9 will be too!"  Not likely.  And honestly, it hasn't really been painless.

Is it normal to have pelvic pain any time you get up from sitting down, or turn over in bed?  I mean, I can feel my pelvic bones popping in and out of place, and it is so extremely painful.  It also hurts when I'm walking around, but not as much as when I have been sitting or laying for a while and then I get up.  Can't they just stay popped out of place?  Why pop back in? Just stay apart, it's fine!

1 comment:

  1. hiccups are the BEST! I miss that.

    My pelvic bones hurt a lot during the last few months of pregnancy. Even just walking, they would ache. So I'm assuming it's normal...

    ReplyDelete