Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Last year I didn't care about Valentine's Day.  Lance and I were in the middle of saving up money for our big Florida trip that we took last spring, and we were also talking about trying to get pregnant and all that fun stuff.  So... we didn't really celebrate it at all last year.  I think Lance got me a cute card and a cute picture frame and stuff, but I wasn't really in the mood to celebrate it.  I just didn't care.

This year, I thought that I should try a little harder to make a big deal out of all the silly holidays.  I think it will be fun when my kids get older, if I already have been making an effort to make holidays more fun.  So, on Saturday I made those crazy whoopie pies.  Crazy, because they took so long.  I even used a little heart-shaped cookie cutter and made them into heart-shaped whoopie pies.  They sure were cute!  I gave some to Lance's family, my family, and some friends.  It was a little weird, since I haven't really given people Valentine's gifts since elementary school...

Sunday we went to dinner at Sizzler with Lance's family.  That was their family Valentine's party.  It was nice.  I really like Sizzler.  I love their salad bar.  I crave this crazy tuna salad that they have.  It would be so easy to make at home, but sometimes going out to eat simple things is nice.  I also like their broccoli salad.  Again, simple to make at home, but Lance wouldn't like it so I'd have to eat the whole batch myself if I made it.  Unless... I pulverized the red onion into the dressing.  I'm so doing that.  Shh! Don't tell!

Monday we went to Taco Amigo for dinner because I had a wicked craving for their fries.  Seriously, the best fries in the state.  They're my weakness.

So that brings us to Tuesday, Valentine's Day.  I woke up, like normal, rolled myself out of bed (Love that visual?), waddled my way downstairs to let the dogs out.

Lance had set up this cute display of gifts in a very clean kitchen.  I was most happy about the clean kitchen, complete with the garbage taken out and all of the dishes washed.  I have a lot of handwash only dishes (That's what happens when you buy fancy kitchen gadgets.).

Bentley and Layla each got me a card, and they signed it with their paw prints!  It was so stinking cute!

After work, I came home and got started making Lance's favorite meal.  Or, as close as I possibly could make to his favorite meal.  He loves the Chicken Parmigiana at Olive Garden.  I personally, am not a fan of breaded chicken.  But, since I love Lance, I decided to make Pioneer Woman's version of Chicken Parmigiana.  Lance seemed to really like it!  I actually enjoyed it quite a bit!  It was pretty simple to make as well.  I have referred to her chicken parm recipe before, many times, for just the marinara sauce part.  It is so simple and so delicious!  To go with the chicken parm, I also made a knockoff versin of Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits.  Those are incredibly easy and even more addictive.  Be careful!  It was a wonderful dinner. 

Then I gave Lance is present, which was the complete Star Wars set on Blue Ray.

Yes, I must really love him, since I don't give a hoot about Star Wars.

Today we got ourselves a very big present!  We got a silver 2010 Ford Edge from the car auction.  I am very excited, even though I haven't seen the car in person.  Lance has, and he test drove it yesterday.  He says the interior is a weird beige color, but I'm not going to be picky.  We got it for $3,000 LESS than the actual trade-in value.  Finally, a car that we won't be upside down in our loan!  Yes, we went over our budget of $10K, but not by very much.  I am incredibly pleased with how we did.  Never again will I buy a car from a dealership.  Never, ever, ever again.  Why would we, when we just saved $5,000 by going to an auction?  I'm so happy I could dance!

But, that would look funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment