Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Brazil Butt Lift - Day 2, and a tantrum from a grown-up

How does anyone with children get their workouts done?  This is ridiculous.

I wanted to start working out at 10am.  Lily decided to wake up just then, so I fed her and got her all situated.  About 2 minutes into the workout, she decided she was upset.  So I had to stop, make her happy again, then start again.

Basically that happened all morning.  It is now 12:30 and I only have done one 30 minute workout.  I am supposed to do another one, but I have lots of stuff to get done today.  I can't spend three hours trying to get a one hour workout in. This is ridiculous!  I still need to shower, go to the store, do some laundry, do dishes, and be ready to work at 5:00.

Lance has two softball games tonight, so he'll be home from 6 to 7 then he's leaving again until about 10:30pm.  So basically I'm by myself all day and night with Lily today, and I'm already in a bad mood because I'm upset with how I look and when I try to do something about it, Lily won't let me.

Yes I'm complaining.  I'm so sick of trying to stay positive all the time, it's exhausting.

Not to mention I worked 5pm to 2:30am so that probably is why I'm grumpy in the first place.  I thought I was being awesome for working out this AM anyway.  Oh no. Scratch that idea. I'm doomed to be fat forever.

Great.

Sincerely,
Extremely annoyed, tired, sore and frustrated

P.S. Lily cried the entire time I typed this up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Those discouraging moments are the worst. I didn't figure out how to get a regular workout in until after kid #3. I HAVE to get out of the house to do it. Because no matter how well I try to plan it, one of my children will need me in the middle of it. Unless I can get the kids involved, like jogging with a stroller or crunches with baby on my shins. But even that is hard. So my advice would be to sign up for a class somewhere and get out of the house while Lance keeps the baby. You need some mommy alone time anyway, right? ;) Yes, yes you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel you! Every time I try to do a workout at home, Rowan will interfere. It's hard learning to be flexible with a baby! I agree with Amberly--take lily to a gym with a day care, or get a jogging stroller, or get a babysitter. Working out always makes me happier and ready to be a mama!

    ReplyDelete