Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Secret

The past few weeks have been very hard.

I've been working until 2am or later, then getting up at 8am with Lily.  Three weeks of that, and I was a zombie.

I was probably a zombie after two days of that....

I'm happy to announce that I am off early tonight!  11:30pm, yes!  I can get 8 hours of sleep, maybe more!  This is so freakin' exciting.  AND I have energy to blog.  Hooray!


In other news, that scale has started to budge!  I read that after exclusively breastfeeding for four months your metabolism goes into overdrive.  Awesome.  I feel great!  I still have a lot of weight to lose, but at least I'm feeling great.

I'm kind of sick of being vague about numbers.  I've been vague because I didn't want people to compare themselves to me.  But, I don't really care any more.  After my next pregnancy, I'll want to remember my exact numbers, so the following is for me.

I gained 55lbs with this pregnancy. Starting weight: 128 pounds.  Heaviest point: 183 pounds.  Two days home from the hospital: 177 pounds.  5'3 and 177 pounds.  Now you don't wonder why I cried so much, eh?

5 weeks after having lily: 162 pounds.  That's where my weight loss ticker on my blog starts from.  I didn't think the rest of the weight counted since it came off so easily.  I weighed 162 for three weeks in a row and decided that's where it was going to stay unless I did something.

I've lost 13 pounds since then.  Not much, since that means I've lost 13 pounds in 15 weeks.  I wish I could have been losing 2 pounds a week, or at least one pound a week, but obviously, that's not happening.   So I weigh 149 right now.  Which isn't terrible, but it's still 21 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

If we want to get to my weight when I got married, I've got 30 pounds to lose.  But I'll be happy at 128.  Or probably even 130.  So here's hoping I can get there again, someday.


I have a secret.  Our house is for sale.

I guess that means it's no longer a secret.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Jenn! I think it's extremely motivating to see how hard you're working! Keep going! Your house is for sale? Where are you guys going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to live closer to Lance's work. Renting in the Draperish area seems to be the plan.

    ReplyDelete